Replacement for the Pelican M6 2390?

Lithp

Newly Enlightened
While I am very pleased with my Pelican M6 2390 light I am always looking for brighter and brighter LED flashlights.

The size and durability of my Pelican has been excellent. But I want even more power. I am a police officer and would like to have a similar sized light with WAY more brightness.

I use my flashlight constantly at work. My Pelican has never let me down.

The new light would have to be ready out of the box, tail clickie and variable brightness would be nice although not mandatory. The brighter the better on high setting!

I know Nova tac is coming out with some new lights in the future. Should I wait for those or is there something now suitable for law enforcement use brighter thatn the Pelican?

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any Sure Fire's or Wolf Eyes lights? If you do Pacific Tactical Solutions offer a Cree drop in module that fits the SF and WE lights. Register on the website and you can get a CPF discount. Here's a link for a new 4 mode drop-in with a strobe option. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/166415. Also here's a link for a thread from a fellow LEO that is using the led drop in https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/164201. I am a LEO as well and am considering the WE 2 mode module talked about in the first link, according to specs it is 170 lumens and has a strobe option.

Last edited:

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
How about the new Pelican 7060 LAPD model. 130 lumens, tail or side clickie and rechargeable. Designed for the LAPD.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you could get to the LED, you could replace it with a Seoul LED for about double the output.

I'm not sure how durable it is but the Lumapower M1(review) with a Tactical switch might be a good replacement.

The coming Surefire Cree models, Pelican 7060, and the Novatec lights might be a better replacement. But they aren't available right now.

Last edited: