Request for info, please...

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello!

I remember seeing a device somewhere online and cannot find it now. The device was for administering IV's in low-light ("tactical") situations...it used a small chem-light. If I remember correctly, the same company produced a military flashlight under government contract. And also helicopter egress flashlights and such.

Does this ring a bell with anyone else? I would like to source the low-light IV device.

Thanks for any info...

JM-99

Last edited:

saildude

Newly Enlightened
Have not seen a specific device you are looking for - but sounds like some version of the Chem Light Sticks - probably extra expensive for being called "Tactical Medical" - - I think a better option would be to get a Red LED lensed light - see better and last longer - there is a thread going on somewhere about Red LED lights - you can also get a red light for UK 2AAA eled (can hold in your teeth - bit big but works ) - I have a Pelican LED L-1 with a Red lens in it - uses 4xA76 batteries and is easy to hold in the teeth ( I do on boats to plot on a chart at night )

Marine Supply stores usually have chem lights in stock - probably also camping places - but the reports I have seen on them is that they are not real bright

hope this helps a bit

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, not interested in that. I know all about red-lens flashlights, etc. That's not what I'm after.

I wasn't clear about the specific device, but maybe I should have been. This device uses small (very tiny) chem-lights in order to better view the actual site where the IV cath will be inserted. It emits a much lower level of light, thus less likely to give away your position.

Hard to describe. It is a little more elaborate than a red-lens flashlight or standard chemlight though.

JM-99