Fenix P1 CE... Does that mean there's a LxT CE / P2T CE on the horizon?

l1s125

Newly Enlightened
I love the LxD CE and P2D... I think they're excellent lights, but I think a simple twist-for-high two stage Cree light would be even better. And if it could fit nekomane's CR123 tube or come with a factory made CR123 body, that would be ideal... for me that is.

What do you guys think. If Fenix made a LxT CE or P2T CE would you get the two stagers or the LxD/P2D? Personally, I think there would be a market for a LxT, P2T style light.

blademan

Enlightened
I hope they do a LxT cree. That would be awesome if it were the same size of a L1-T. The L1-D isn't that much larger but two stages would be nice.

Hans

Enlightened
What do you guys think. If Fenix made a LxT CE or P2T CE would you get the two stagers or the LxD/P2D? Personally, I think there would be a market for a LxT, P2T style light.

I would, but I would only be interested if the low is really low, not just "not quite so bright". I've got plenty of bright lights, what I need is a simple, robust light with two stages, one of them a low "low", in the region of 3 lumens.

BTW, I'd be even more interested in such an AAA light than an AA light.

Hans

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been looking to upgrade an L2T with SSC to get a small CR123 clicky (using Nekomane CR123 tube), so this would be great if it could still use the same CR tube, especially with a lower low level for very long run time. That would make a good pocket light, as the P2D is noticeably larger and heavier in my pocket. Perfect backup hiking flashlight too.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
I have a "stock" L2D CE and a L2T, which I´ve modified with a SSC P4 U-Bin. Now I´ve the problem that I can´t decide between these two ;).

The L2D CE has a brighter hotspot, but also a very noticeable dark ring ... the whole beam is a bit screwed ;). In theory the use and access of the different modes is similar to the L2T. But in practice, I often accidentally access an "unwanted" mode because I "click" too often. Who the *%&$ needs a strobe? :D The modified L2T has a nice and smooth beam, easy to use, but it´s definitively less bright than my L2D CE ... hard decision :thinking:

IMHO, a modified L2D CE without Strobe and SOS-mode, but a bit smoother beam, would be the perfect middle between a L2D CE and a L2T.

But honestly, It´s getting difficult to "track" all the differnt Fenix models ;) ...

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking to upgrade an L2T with SSC to get a small CR123 clicky (using Nekomane CR123 tube), so this would be great if it could still use the same CR tube, especially with a lower low level for very long run time. That would make a good pocket light, as the P2D is noticeably larger and heavier in my pocket. Perfect backup hiking flashlight too.

Nekomanes' CR123 tube will fit the LxT head. I've got it on an L2P head which has an SSC P4 driven by a Minipro which has a FluPIG on it (basically the FluPIG gives a 'dumb driver' all the modes low/high Max brightness, strobe and SOS and the brightness levels are all user settable) and it is the same length as an L0D. I've been carrying it for a couple of months along with the LOD and I can't think of a better pocketable combo.

Eryk

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an L2T with Nekomane's CR123 tube now, but I would want a NEW L2T to still be able to fit that tube ...and be just as thin as the L2T. I like the simple two levels of that light.
Nekomanes' CR123 tube will fit the LxT head. I've got it on an L2P head which has an SSC P4 driven by a Minipro which has a FluPIG on it (basically the FluPIG gives a 'dumb driver' all the modes low/high Max brightness, strobe and SOS and the brightness levels are all user settable) and it is the same length as an L0D. I've been carrying it for a couple of months along with the LOD and I can't think of a better pocketable combo.

Eryk

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
I have an L2T with Nekomane's CR123 tube now, but I would want a NEW L2T to still be able to fit that tube ...and be just as thin as the L2T. I like the simple two levels of that light.
When did you get your tube before or after October 2006?
If it was after then it was one from the second run and should work with the new L2T as noted in this thread
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112025
I think if it doesn't have any anodizing on the threads that go into the head then it will work. The originals were all anodizied. Mine's one from the second run and if yours is from the first run and if you want I'll do a swap with you.

Eryk

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both an L2P tube (CR123 and CR2 actually) and an L2T CR123 tube made to work in the L2T. They were made specifically to work in their respective lights and sold for that purpose.
When I said in post #4 that I wanted it to work with Nekomane's tube, I meant I want any new release of an upgraded L2T with Cree to work with my currently owned CR123 Nekomane tube, so I could have the same small clicky as I do now, just brighter. I don't want it to be the larger P2D diameter.
When did you get your tube before or after October 2006?
If it was after then it was one from the second run and should work with the new L2T as noted in this thread
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=112025
I think if it doesn't have any anodizing on the threads that go into the head then it will work. The originals were all anodizied. Mine's one from the second run and if yours is from the first run and if you want I'll do a swap with you.

Eryk
Thanks for the offer to swap, that is mighty nice of you, but of course I don't need to.

Darksky

Newly Enlightened
I have both an L2P tube (CR123 and CR2 actually) and an L2T CR123 tube made to work in the L2T. They were made specifically to work in their respective lights and sold for that purpose.
When I said in post #4 that I wanted it to work with Nekomane's tube, I meant I want any new release of an upgraded L2T with Cree to work with my currently owned CR123 Nekomane tube, so I could have the same small clicky as I do now, just brighter. I don't want it to be the larger P2D diameter.
Thanks for the offer to swap, that is mighty nice of you, but of course I don't need to.

:ohgeez:It finally sinks in. Must remember to read posts in the context of the thread title:eek: