Very Happy Flashaholic

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, in the last 3 days I have come in to the possession of 4 new lights. A new LOD CE, a new L1D CE, a new CREE branded light, and a new 4D Mag light with a 3watt LED drop-in. I like all of them very much. The LOD CE is my new key chain light. I think the L1D CE will replace the C-LE that I carry in my pocket. I don't know yet what I am going to do with the CREE branded light. The 4D Mag will eventually get a new 52.1mm UCL Lens from Lighthound. And, a TerraLUX TLE-6EX MiniStar5 SSC P4 U bin LED upgrade from BatteryJunction.com. As it is, the 4D with the 3watt drop-in already out throws even my P3D. I can't wait to see what it does with TerraLUX.

As the title says...I am a very happy flashaholic. How long this high lasts before I need another fix remains to be seen.

newlightsbp2.jpg

Last edited:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
Aren't new lights great? I am currently waiting for delivery of an Orb Raw to go along with my Orb Ns, a Fenix P2D-CE Q2, and 2 Fenix P1-CE's, one black and one natural. It will be like Christmas in June! :twothumbs

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
im at the point where all my lighting needs are covered

like you i have the 4d mag with the 6ex for the high output long runtime light for blackouts , and L1d & L2d for pocket powerhouse lights L1d for edc ..a stunner for the wow light and longthrow multilevel which acts as a wow light and blackout light if swiched to lower levels for runtime

luminiferous

Newly Enlightened
Very nice additions bondr006 :thumbsup: I just received my Father's Day gift today...L2D CE
Stoked with it. Flashaholism, here I come! :D

Many thanks to CPF for adding yet another addiction to my life. :ironic:
L1D body and tail are next in line. ;)

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
Comparison?

How does the L1D CE compare to the Cree branded light??

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
Certainly. I got it from the on line Cree Store.

Cool, a cheap Cree with a clicky with a "AA" to boot!, Would you be so kind as to tell if the clicky is reverse clicky or a true tactical. If it's a true tactical, goodbye fenix, hello Cree Store...

I know the packaging says tactical, but is it really?

Tnx

- "If 'all the world's a stage'... Who's taking the pictures?"

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Comparison?

How does the L1D CE compare to the Cree branded light??

Well, the L1D CE is a multi-level light while the CREE branded light is 1 level. It advertises 80 lumens, but I think it is closer to 60 because it is somewhere between the medium and high on the L1D CE. I will get some beam comparison shots up of the C-LE, L1D CE, and the CREE light up tomorrow.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, a cheap Cree with a clicky with a "AA" to boot!, Would you be so kind as to tell if the clicky is reverse clicky or a true tactical. If it's a true tactical, goodbye fenix, hello Cree Store...

I know the packaging says tactical, but is it real?

It is a true tactical forward clickie. Light press = momentary on. Full press = constant on.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Great lights, Rob! I think you've got all the bases covered. Well, for at least a week maybe. :twothumbs

Geoff

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK....here are the beam shot comparisons I promised. The contenders are a Fenix L1D CE, CREE Branded AA, and JB C-LE. The L1D CE and C-LE are both set on high, which is supposed to be 80 lumens. The CREE is at its only setting of 80 lumens. All 3 lights are using a single Energizer Lithium E2 battery. All shots are at 3 feet. The camera is set at F5.6 @ 15th second.

L1D CE, CREE, C-LE
l1dcecreejbcle2bw3.jpg

.......................(1. L1D CE)...................................................(2. CREE)...................................................(3. C-LE)
l1dcehk5.jpg
creenr6.jpg
jbcleuj5.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
cree version looks brighter, i was looking at that one the other day is it worth buying?

BGater

Enlightened
My last order to Lighthound I got a UCL lens for my 3D mag, I think it makes a differance, sure is crystal clear.....cant even see the lens, well worth the money. By the way, Lighthound has the L2D bodies for $12.99. Got one of those to as I already had the L1D. Swapped the head and tail and WOW ! Makes a big differance on turbo and I think low level runtime is 80+ hours. Sweet blackout light.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
cree version looks brighter, i was looking at that one the other day is it worth buying?

Well, there are certainly other AA CREE lights out there that are just as bright for less $$. But, there are very few if any with the true tactical/momentary forward clickie that this has. It has only one level also. I would say the light is worth around $25.00 and will probably be able to be found for that price before too long. I do like the light though and am not sorry that I bought it for $30.00.