Ultrafire RCR3.7v in P2DCE

gerry45

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just starting to use rechargables in my P2DCE. With a RCR 3.7V i lose some modes.

Can someone tell if it's high (and SOS) or turbo (and SOS).

If it's turbo, i suppose i can use it just few minutes to prevent heating/damage?

Maybe it's a good idea to order a bunch of primairies for my Fenix and Ultrafire 602 to go with my RCR123?

Thanks!

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a good thread about different batteries in the P2D. The LiFePO 3.0V cells work decent...you only lose low mode with those. Runtime will be nowhere near that of primaries, but is definitely enough for general use. You can get those batteries at Lighthound.com....I think their homepage now shows them at the top. You'll need a 3.0 volt charger for them though...they have it also, an Ultrafire 3.0/3.6V selectable charger. I think it's only around $12 or so.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163405

Last edited:

gerry45

Newly Enlightened
Ok i think i'll go with the 3v/3.6v charger.

but can someone tell me if my P2CDE is running on High or on Turbo when using 3.7v RCR123?

If the regulation circuit is bypassed when more than 3.2v, does the Cree get the whole 4.2v from the freshly charged battery?

As i said earlier, i don't want to damage my fl.

x2x3x2

Banned
I have done a full runtime test on the P2D with AW's 16340 3.7V cell (4.2V fresh off charger), without additional cooling at room temperature.
It still works perfectly fine, no effects on the tint or performance of the emitter.

Only Turbo and Strobe modes are available on 16340 3.7V cells tho.