Best AAA keyring light

bp044

Enlightened
My belt keyring is crowded and heavy I need a lightweight , small,Eneloop capable ,quality light AAA only. Led prefered

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix E0 (11h battery life)
Arc AAA-P (around 5-6h battery life)
Fenix E1 (3h battery life)
Fenix L0D-CE (6h, 3h, 1h battery life (from low to high))

You have the choice (Sorted by brightness (dimmest to brightest) and battery life (highest to lowest))! It depends of your needs. I own the Arc AAA-P (on keychain) and the L0D-CE (in pocket) and my girlfriend has a E0 on her keychain.

macdude22

Newly Enlightened
I have an LOD Holiday Edition on my keyring, I use the little black string that game with a mag solitare (makes it easy to manage). It's a great key light, bright when I need it but a low setting for hours of use should the need ever arise.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ARC has a real quality feel and is a pleasure to use (to me, anyway) but the Fenixs' blow it away as far as practicality is concerned.

83Venture

Enlightened
Also consider a LiteFlux LF 2 which can be either a Cree or SSC P4 LED. Peak makes a nice selection of AAA lights in several power, multi LED and body styles with body materials such as stainless steel, Alum, and brass.

randyo

Enlightened
I've had lots. They all have their plusses and minuses. Right now mine is the new Jetbeam. It's a well made little guy with three useful levels (4 if you consider strobe useful). Best part is it can use any battery. It looks to be pretty tuff - time will tell how well it stands up to keychain/pocket EDC duties.
The Millermods ARC Cree mod is my other EDC (in a cell phone pouch), but it's pricey, and the waiting time to acquire is difficult for a flashaholic to put up with.

Hans

Enlightened
My belt keyring is crowded and heavy I need a lightweight , small,Eneloop capable ,quality light AAA only. Led prefered

Lots of choices. The basic decision you've got to make is whether you want a light that's almost indestructible but fairly dim, or one that's perhaps not quite so indestructible, but a lot brighter with a choice of different levels. The Arc AAA and the Peak Matterhorn with their potted heads are almost indestructible (and probably tougher than the Fenix E0), the Fenix LOD CE is perhaps the best of the current crop of multi-level high-tech AAA lights.

I personally EDC the Fenix LOD CE as my main "small" light, but when I'm travelling I've also got one of my Peak Matterhorns in my bag.

Hans

bp044

Enlightened
Thanks to all that responded. One more question ; of the suggested lights which would have the least weight ?

Grubbster

Enlightened
Another vote for the LF2. On sale now for $45 with a cree or ssc emitter. If you are looking for the least weight use a lithium primary in whatever you choose.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
All those mentioned are good lights in their own ways. If small size and long runtime are most important go with the Fenix E0 or Arc-P. If extra power at a slightly larger size is needed go with the others.

Geoff

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of all the lights I've reviewed (500+), I settled on the Fenix L0D-CE. It sits on my keychain and is always with me as my permanent EDC. How's that for an endorsement? :) However, if you can't stand PWM, you'd be better off with some other keychain light, since dimming is accomplished with a PWM circuit. Doesn't bother me at all for the short uses it sees.

I do believe the E0 does have the least weight. 0.8 oz with alkaline cell.

Last edited:

mchlwise

Enlightened
You also have the new Jetbeam-u to consider:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166264

There seem to be reports of possible bugs, and the circuitry might not be quite worked out yet, but...

It looks like it might basically be the equivalent of an Arc-AAA with a Seoul emitter and multiple modes in it. :twothumbs

I've ordered one. :popcorn:

I had an Arc-AAAp and LOVED it. With all the new brighter and more efficient emitters, though, I was totally unable to justify its existance and sold it. In some ways I've been sorry ever since. I would love to have an Arc-AAAcree, and maybe we will someday.

Till then, this looks pretty close. I've got high hopes for this Jetbeam.

:grin2:

cyclonecj

Newly Enlightened
It's not the best choice for a keyring that's heavily occupied, but my pick was a Fenix Quark Mini 123ti with a 16340!

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want the Olight i3s CU XP-L HD AAA.

3 modes, 180LM (their number) small, light in weight and about $25.

2LM, 20LM and 180LM, split ring and decent enough clip.

Chris

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, the OP indicated their question had been answered almost a decade ago! :clap: