• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Fire-Fly III (Kit)

Toons

Newly Enlightened
Greetings Guys, **Sold** one very nice Fire-Fly III... $175 **Sold**

Price includes the original Nano Charger and battery (The Kit)

First to Post :takeit: has priority
Price includes USPS Priority Shipping to US
Other destinations possible
Not responsible for damage or loss in transit
Insurance available on request
Non Credit Card PayPal or Money Order accepted
Thanks for looking!
Toons :)

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale: Fire-Fly III (Kit)

Hi Toons...

The FF III is in fact a very nice light. Good luck with your sale.

(Is this the same kit that you bought from "Woods" last October?)

Last edited:

Toons

Newly Enlightened

Hi Toons...

The FF III is in fact a very nice light. Good luck with your sale.

(Is this the same kit that you bought from "Woods" last October?)

Greetings Carpe Diem,
Thanks for the well wishes!
Wow these things aren't even serialized and you know where they all are?
You have GPS tracking or Fire-Fly lojack? :D

Toons :nana:

Last edited:

Could you describe the light more fully? What emitter is used? What driver? Is that a 123 or a CR2 battery in the picture? And since I am not familiar with FireFlys (although I read the long thread on folks not getting their FF3's), approximately how bright is the light. By the way, did the FF3's ever come through?

bill lafferty

Toons

Newly Enlightened

Could you describe the light more fully? What emitter is used? What driver? Is that a 123 or a CR2 battery in the picture? And since I am not familiar with FireFlys (although I read the long thread on folks not getting their FF3's), approximately how bright is the light. By the way, did the FF3's ever come through?

bill lafferty
Greetings bill,
Emitter is a T bin. Looks to be a TWOH to my eyes. Driver is a programmable Flupic (you set 2 levels of your choice and then there is 1 more called burst or max). Li Ion 123 cell and a Nano Charger for guilt free lumens. :)
Which the Fire-Fly will put out about 75 of on burst. I have the other 2 levels set at 2 lumens and 42 lumens. You can set those anywhere you chose between about .3 :thinking: and max output. These have not been available for about nine to ten months. Any of you FFIII experts feel free to step in here. IMHO one very cool light.
Cheers bill

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Bill....

I`ve intruded into Toons` thread somewhat gratuitously, but let me make that journey here at least one more time.

The Firefly III (as well as the entire Firefly series) is one of the nicest lights ever made. And that is notwithstanding the current trials and tribulations being experienced elsewhere on CPF threads with its creator, Doug Speck.

I`d buy this light in a heartbeat if I didn`t already have a "bunch" of Fireflys...including "several" Firefly III`s.

Do your research on the Firefly as you please, but the bottom line is you will soon be buying a Firefly if you are in fact a Flashaholic...it`s that good.

IMHO, this is a good buy. Go for it, if you will!

Best wishes to you!

:)

Last edited:

Carpe Diem and Toons, thanks for the replies. I'll take it. Please PM or email me with paypal information.

Incidentally, I am very attached to my CR2 Ion. Carry it every day on my keys and love the flood of light it gives. If either of you (or anyone else) is familiar with both lights, what, if any comparison do you think there is. One of the things that amazes me about the Ion is that after nine months or more of being pounded by my keys, it still looks new.

Thanks,

bill lafferty

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't they have a strobe mode also like most FluPics? Anything with a FluPic in it is great and a Firefly with it is awesome.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just guessing, but if this Firefly is the same as the ones that I have, it has this following FLuPIC V2.1 firmware:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=88623

Five programmable modes to choose from, which are easy to set up with just a little practice, and which allow you to really customize your FF III. (I personally like the Mode 4.)

Take care!

:)

Toons

Newly Enlightened

Morning guys! :wow:
Went off to sleep for a while. What went on here while asleep reminds me of what a great community this is! :grouphug: People stepping in sharing insight and knowledge. Helping the new guy out as well as covering for the less gifted :confused: (me)!

Bill, it is a great light and as you can see there are plenty of people that agree and are willing to share. The machine tolerances and build quality are second to none. The output and beam characteristics will amaze you. It is the light that brought me to the custom side of CPF. And I have been very well rewarded ever since. Will PM you the PayPal info.

Carpe Diem, Thank you! Glad to know someone is keeping up with these things! :) Appreciate you stepping in and it was you and others that raised my curiosity about these lights enough to track one down and be able to experience it. Gracias Amigo.

Matrixshaman, Thanks for reminding me. I think I printed up a Fire-Fly manual and the Fupic menu tree. Will send those along to Bill.

Once again Guys :thanks:
Appreciate all your posts. I am the drippy sponge that reads all the time and seldom posts. Yet you have made me feel part of the group. Now Bill gets to be apart of this bunch of ragtag misfits as well! :laughing:

EDIT: Just rubbed enough sleep out of my eyes to reread your post Bill.
Have not owned or seen the Ion. They do share a common lineage. Both are derivatives of TVODRD's Larry light. Do a search and you should find some interesting info. Different emitters and different drivers though. You already have a collection going! Cool!

Last edited:
Re: For Sale: Fire-Fly III (Kit) Sale Pending

Toons,

Paypal sent. Thanks to everyone for your helpful information. It is really neat to have access to a group of people that is not only very knowledgeable, but also very friendly and willing to share.

bill

Toons

Newly Enlightened

PayPal received :thanks:

Your Fire-Fly III is already boxed and will go out today

It was a pleasure Bill

Hey Carpe! It's headed for Pennsylvania.
You will probably get that FFIII lo-jack alert
sometime this afternoon! :lolsign:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Carpe! It's headed for Pennsylvania.
You will probably get that FFIII lo-jack alert
sometime this afternoon! :lolsign:

I`m already on it!

(But thanks for the "heads-up" anyway.)

:D