Kudos to Surefire

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
A number of weeks ago, I posted my dissapointment about a U-2 that came back from repair below my expectations (Surefire Bummer). Well I am pleased to write that I sent it back a second time with a note and within a week and a half received a brand spanking new U-2 in the original packaging.
My new one has an extremely faint donut hole (barely visibile on a white wall and not at all in regular use) and is otherwise flawless. This is what I expect from a company with their reputation and am glad my expectations were met/exceeded.
Most of the CPF members (like myself) are gadget/gear perfectionists....to the extreme. I come from a family of people that really do understand how we think. My Uncle Tom and I often joke around about we rarely use a nice knife or flashlight that we purchase because the blade might get dull or the lens scratched.
Well, in this case, Surefire sent me a product that is as close to perfect as anyone could ask for (even a CPFer) and for that I am thrilled.

My, Surefire Bummer, thread caused a great deal of controversy over expensive lights etc. Of course that was not even close to my intention, although I did find it interesting. Please everyone, take it for what it is and let's not argue about who can afford what and why some people defend Surefire etc. No product is perfect and never will be. The most expensive cars on the market have plenty of issues and can be costly to fix. However, people buy them and enjoy them anyway and I say more power to them. Enjoy your life, enjoy your lights!

stldnder

Newly Enlightened
That is exactly why I own a number of Surefires. When I received my new L5 last month, I noticed it did not come with the lanyard listed in their 2007 Illumination Tools catalog. I'm not even sure if it is supposed to come with one or if that is a typo, but I called Surefire's customer service number. The gentleman I spoke with asked for the catalog page number which listed the lanyard as supplied, checked it, and informed me "it's on its way." Within a week I had the lanyard. Whenever I have had issues with any of their products, Surefire's CS folks have been exceptional in their willingness to resolve or assist. Are they expensive? Yes, I look at it as an investment. Are they worth it? In my estimation, without a doubt.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an A2 that is going to have to go back for the second time. They said they would have UPS come pick it up so that I won't have to pay for postage again. I assume the outcome may be just about like yours.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this subject has been beaten to death but they do have great customer service IMHO. A while back I placed a rather large order (well what I consider a large order) for LAs, a Turbohead, batteries, and holsters. Well they started charging my credit card for orders I did not place. Within 24 hours of my notifiying them of this they had all the charges reversed. Some of the parts I was waiting for were backordered (turbohead and lamps). They moved me to the top of the list and comp'd my order. To top it off I was sent the wrong items. I was told to keep them and they sent out the right items.

kelmo