Anyone use Luxeons for Car lighting, interior/HID?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone used a LD or simalar with no optics say under the dash / in the foot wells to light up their car? Much in the way neon? Wouldn't they be brighter and cover more area than a neon tube?

Also, what if you took say a 5W RB Side Emiter, and installed it into your headlight housing. Shouldn't it be bright enough to add some color to your headlights (not the beam, but the actual headlamp) so it looks like you got HIDs? if not, when your headlights are off it sure would be blue!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And probably cast some light ahead of you. (the side emiter would fill the reflector with the most color I would assume.)

If anyone has done this pics please!
I bet colored Luxeons as interior lighting would work great.

Seth

Newly Enlightened
Re: Anyone use Luxeons for Car lighting, interior/

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone used a LD or simalar with no optics say under the dash / in the foot wells to light up their car? Much in the way neon? Wouldn't they be brighter and cover more area than a neon tube?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been some on ebay.
I was at least tempted to get one, but at 28EUR = $28 I thought "too many $$ for a little bit of fun" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone has done this pics please!
I bet colored Luxeons as interior lighting would work great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I forgot to bookmark the auction... and right now, there is none /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Seth