Hmmm......are they really still available?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I still have my Infinity Ultra that was a replacement sent to me by CMG after my original Infinity failed. Great service by CMG when the Infinity failed I sent it back and asked if I could pay the difference for an Ultra they never asked for the cash just sent the ultra no charge. The infinity was my firs really bright LED, I know things have changed but they were really tough little lights.
Norm

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the light that started it. If memory serves me right this is one of the earliest affordable 1xAA light with a boost to drive a 5mm LED. It is also one of the first 1AA 5mm light to appear on craig's led museum http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/inf1.htm

Since then there are a few versions as time pass many other LED lights pop out and stole it's thunder. CMG has actually patented the boost thingy with the Infinity... The first version is actually painted, then followed by anodized bodies.

OD = 19.00mm
ID = 14.67mm

Wall thickness 2.165mm. I would be surprise if you can smash it with daily usage. It's built like a tank. The Japanese 5mm Nichia is overdriven to about 60mA by a Zetex 300 driver in standard configuration. There's nothing to fear as the Nichia can sustain high current better than any 5mm on the market. It is similiar to the LED found in ArcAAA. There has been many test by a number of cpf members that confirms the durability. Most versions of the Infinity electronics is potted with epoxy and there's two tiny o ring around the 5mm LED.

I felt very crossed when Gerber changed the design. :mecry:

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are available all right. There are many online stores still selling them, and you can find them on eBay as well.
What bugs me is that nobody of those who are selling them has ever bothered to update their prices. The things are still sold at full price. Competing products will outshine them by far and cost rather less, but it seems nobody cares.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
They aren't selling the old CMGs, they are selling the Gerber Infinity Ultra. The newer kind, for which there is not much market at all now that you can get the same thing with a CREE for 2/3 of the money.

alphazeta

Enlightened
I have been eying them here for $14.95
http://www.vicomptel.com/CMG/infinity.htm

I've been meaning to pick up of the red leds ones but, I have held my trigger. By today's standards , it feels kind of foolish to spend in that range for a low output single 5mm light. I'll admit though, I still want one & may order one anyway.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been eying them here for $14.95
http://www.vicomptel.com/CMG/infinity.htm

I've been meaning to pick up of the red leds ones but, I have held my trigger. By today's standards , it feels kind of foolish to spend in that range for a low output single 5mm light. I'll admit though, I still want one & may order one anyway.

I ordered some from vicomptel a few years ago, and no problems. IIRC, though, some CPFers more recently had some problems with that vendor. You might want to search the threads.