Please! Tell Me How To Quit!!!

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
The title says it all. I have not even been a member 2 whole months yet and my collection is well out of control, and I don't see an end in the near foreseeable future. I have a list all made out of new lights to get, and it's not small. I just spent almost $200.00 on lights this past week, and I'm already planning another $100.00 this coming week. HELP!!!

My Collection So Far
collection3sm9.jpg

Last edited:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL. Yep, I was bitten by the same bug when I first registered here a bit over a year ago. I've been acquiring lights on a steady basis since joining, but I also have sold a few through the B/S/T forums here.

I remember buying my first HID from a group buy, it was soooo high tech to me. (Now I have three HIDs: Wolf Eyes 123X, Microfire K2000R and a Thor Cyclops with transplanted 35W HID gear from a broken Horrible Freight HID.)

Some of my excess lights have been given as informal gifts to friends and family... everyone I would like to see again after an earthquake has at least an equivalent of a Surefire G2, and nobody makes fun of me for my hobby because they know someday they might be relying on the lights I gave 'em!

lightbug

Enlightened
Hey there,

Why are you worry so much? In the worst case, you can always sleep in your car. :crackup:

Cydonia

Enlightened
First off, nice picture. That 4D M*g looks freaking huge compared to everything else! The huge run time of that 4D is nothing to sneeze at. And trust me, when you upgrade the MagLED with a SSC P4, the improvement is so profound you just start laughing :D

What, quit buying lights? Get into modding lights. That's the cure. Then you see how bla blaa stock lights are. That should slow down the buying of off the shelf lights! Worked for me...ever since my M*g 2C Led mod there are no new light I feel like buying. Not till new LED's come out that is. And even then, I'll just upgrade my modded M*g.

gunga

Flashaholic
When you find out, can you PM me? I've been addicted for about 6 months and can't seem to stop. I managed to slow things down by selling lights as well as buying, but it's getting tough, i need something to run my Li-on batteries!

:sick:

easilyled

Flashaholic
I'm afraid you're hooked.

You need to wade through the Flashlight Collection Section
(check out the Titanium thread), and the McGizmo Forum
and then you'll need to remortgage your house and sell your car. :laughing:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bondr006,i can help,the same way i try to help so many others.send all your lights and money to me.no one has took me up on my help yet,but here's hoping.:twothumbs

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, nice picture. That 4D M*g looks freaking huge compared to everything else! The huge run time of that 4D is nothing to sneeze at. And trust me, when you upgrade the MagLED with a SSC P4, the improvement is so profound you just start laughing :D

What, quit buying lights? Get into modding lights. That's the cure. Then you see how bla blaa stock lights are. That should slow down the buying of off the shelf lights! Worked for me...ever since my M*g 2C Led mod there are no new light I feel like buying. Not till new LED's come out that is. And even then, I'll just upgrade my modded M*g.

Well, the $100.00 I'm spending this coming week is for a new UCL lens and the TerraLUX TLE-6EX SSC drop-in for my 4D M*g. A L2D body and tail cap, and a P2D body and tail cap. Oh yeah, and the L2D holster. The extra bodies will turn my L1D in to 3 lights. Hopefully I'll be content for awhile after this.

dasanii19

Enlightened
Ive sold all my torches.. All I have now is a Fenix P1 CE (thats on back order I might add)

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the $100.00 I'm spending this coming week is for a new UCL lens and the TerraLUX TLE-6EX SSC drop-in for my 4D M*g. A L2D body and tail cap, and a P2D body and tail cap. Oh yeah, and the L2D holster. The extra bodies will turn my L1D in to 3 lights. Hopefully I'll be content for awhile after this.

You will....

for about two nights. :lolsign: :grin2:

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
It pretty much has to be a firm decision on your part to slow down in one way or another. When I got "hooked" a number of years ago, I reached a point after a year or two where I decided that I would take a period of six months or so and see what lights I actually used and wanted/needed, and start selling off the rest. At one time or another I had much of the Surefire line:M6 (3 of them), M4, M3T, M3, M2, 12PM (x2), 9P, 6P, L6, L5, L4, L2, L1, A2, E2e, E2D, E1e, E2W, E1L and probably a few more I'm forgetting, as well as several ARC LS's, AAA's, some SL's, a bunch of cheaper lights and a few custom lights. Not as bad as some on here, but way more than I "needed" or used on a regular basis. After evaluating what I needed and actually used with a few extra thrown in for the cool factor, I ended up selling about 2/3 of my collection and brought in over $2000 IIRC.

I kept the SF M4, A2, L1, E2e, E1L, 6P (w/A19), G2, a Tigerlight, SL Strion & Poly Stinger, a couple of ARC AAA's, Fenix P1, and some mildly modded Mags along with some of the cheaper lights. I still buy several new lights every year, but typically only spend $100-150 a year at most on new lights instead of thousands of dollars a year. I picked up a MagLed 2xAA a few weeks ago, and have my eye on a Fenix P1 CE, but no longer feel the need to buy every new light that comes out. I keep several in each car, use a few in my garage, and have several that I EDC. There are worse things a person can spend money on, but it isn't hard to get out of control.

vic2367

Enlightened
the force is strong within you young bondr006,,,come over too the light side,,welcome to the forums,,, ,:),,,,,be prepared to spend even more,,:wow:

COMMANDR

Enlightened
Welcome back my friend (s) to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

There is no way out but through, just sit back, hold on to your wallet and enjoy the light (ride).

Gary:naughty:

GreySave

Enlightened
Unless you are wealthy and money is not an issue, the answer is simple. Get married and buy a house.

By doing so you will no longer have very much spare money to spend, your time will be occupied on home repairs and outdoor yard work thus you will not have time to come here and be tempted, and your wife will monitor the few dollars you still have left and all arriving packages. By monitoring the packages she will keep your secret purchases in check. If none of this works, she will file for divorce, take every piece of property you ever acquired (including your lights) and the balance of your cash as well.

Problem solved. :grin2:

Disclaimer:
Ladies...this is ALL IN FUN and NOT to be taken seriously!

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Heres what you do, you send all your lights to me, you never walk by another flashlight again, you quite cold turkey. :)