L2 arrived..I lost

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm...maybe call SF CS and see if they'll send you out a courtesy replacement under warranty? I think somewhere in their warranty it talks about a perfect beam.

stldnder

Newly Enlightened
You might want to contact Surefire's customer service department and let them know you are not satisfied with the L2. For that price, you should receive a light that meets your requirements. Just my recommendation. Good luck.

stldnder

Newly Enlightened
As this is my first problem, I was wondering if I would have to go thru SF instead of the dealer. Figured so, thanks guys.

How many L2 owners out there have received satisfaction from SF in this situation?

For something like this I would recommend going straight to Surefire. It's not the dealer's fault the LED is not right, and they might not have enough L2s to swap. I have heard of some of the top notch dealers swapping for customers, but that is probably few and far between. Surefire will make it right.

o0o

Enlightened
I've been real lucky.

I have at least one sample of the following models: the U2, L2, L4, and L5. Most do NOT have a noticable donut hole.

Those that do have it so minor that it is only noticable on a white wall (not in actual use).

I've also been lucky regarding tint, none of my Lux V Surefires have offensive tints. In fact, the tints are so white that one can only see variances if compared to each other.

Barbarian

Enlightened
I've been real lucky.

I have at least one sample of the following models: the U2, L2, L4, and L5. Most do NOT have a noticable donut hole.

Those that do have it so minor that it is only noticable on a white wall (not in actual use).

I've also been lucky regarding tint, none of my Lux V Surefires have offensive tints. In fact, the tints are so white that one can only see variances if compared to each other.

Happy for you oOo...I don't have the U2 or L5, but love my L4. When I first turned it on, I could not believe what I saw. As someone else once mentioned...what a fine piece of metal.

o0o

Enlightened
Happy for you oOo...I don't have the U2 or L5, but love my L4. When I first turned it on, I could not believe what I saw. As someone else once mentioned...what a fine piece of metal.

I have had problems with other Surefire models, and the company was very quick to respond and assist in fixing it.

Examples are a bad bulb in an E2E (which put out as much output as a nearly dead Mini Maglite, and the bulb only lasted a total of 5 minutes), and a bad tail switch in an A2.

Give Surefire a chance, and I think they will try everything to make it right.

chimo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Javier, I was wondering if you received my last couple of emails? (The last one was on 18 May).

Paul

carrot

Flashaholic
I had the perfect L2. Flawless beam, and the "whitest" Luxeon I ever had. Sold it to iNDiGLo to get the funds for my McLux PD-S. I do miss that light, but being so long, I rarely carried it. I hope your replacement is as perfect as mine was.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2 and L4 (which I gave to my brother) have slight donut holes. I only noticed after reading Flashlightreviews review. It does not bother me as I only notice it on smooth light surfaces when the incident luminous flux strikes it at a 90 degree angle. For those who don't speak geek, white walls at 10 paces! Since it is illegal to hunt white walls in California, I have no problem with the donut. Although police are strangely attracted to my light...

woodfluter

Newly Enlightened
Have not needed to deal with SF re QC issues, but I have my L2 with me as we speak and cannot detect any trace of a doughnut hole, on walls at any range - and y'all can hunt them white walls here in Georgia!

I believe that this particular light has the best color quality of any LED that I own. As a side note, some folks (maybe a lot!) buy this for its output on the high level, but after going through my first set of batteries having occasional fun lighting up an entire valley on walks in the woods, the novelty wore off and I believe I haven't used that setting more than a few times, for a few seconds. Nice to know it's there, but the (approx.) 16 lumens on low is just about perfect for most real-world things I do, if not too much.

-Bill