Hmm a weird concept

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Black is not a colour.. Its classed as the absence of colour. So if we still see black and we see white, i want a damn flashlight that shines pure shadows so you make a black empty eery area where you cant see anything :twothumbs

Thats what i want! So Nichia you need to get right on that now!

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use that Black LED in my "MacroWave" oven when I make my frozen desserts.

-Bill

zk188

Newly Enlightened
I know Build a mag mod that has the power of the sun turn it on Then adjust it to flood so that every thing aroud you is lit Except the massive donut hole.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Actually something like this might be theoretically possible. I'm thinking some sort of field which can act in opposite phase to light waves might work (similar in principal to active silencing with sound waves). Of course, the technical hurdles to make it work would be formidable.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
back a gazillion years ago when I was in the US Navy, we used to throw all of our trash overboard (when we were way out at sea).
Everything except Fluorescent lamps.
Most people with any brains knew we didnt toss them because of the haz-mat issue with the mercury.
Whenever a noob asked why we didnt toss the tube lamps we would always give the same answer:
Tube lamps are not actually lights. They are darkon (dark particle) absorbers. They work until they are full of dark and must be replaced. We used to toss the over the side, but when they got close to the bottom, the high pressure would cause them to break and let all of the darkons escape. Thats why its dark at he bottom of the ocean, all of those darkons down there. Now we save 'em up, and they are sent into space on the shuttle. They dump them on the dark side of the moon.

It was amazing how many people would buy into that.

KingGlamis

Banned
back a gazillion years ago when I was in the US Navy, we used to throw all of our trash overboard (when we were way out at sea).
Most people with any brains knew we didnt toss them because of the haz-mat issue with the mercury.
Whenever a noob asked why we didnt toss the tube lamps we would always give the same answer:
Tube lamps are not actually lights. They are darkon (dark particle) absorbers. They work until they are full of dark and must be replaced. We used to toss the over the side, but when they got close to the bottom, the high pressure would cause them to break and let all of the darkons escape. Thats why its dark at he bottom of the ocean, all of those darkons down there. Now we save 'em up, and they are sent into space on the shuttle. They dump them on the dark side of the moon.

Being from the planet Darkon myself, I find your post offensive and full of incorrectalities. :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Sorry, but not even a caveman would buy into that.

KingGlamis

Banned
The Universe is full of Dark Matter. I have invented a Dark Matter light. It's basically an empty tube. Patent pending. :crackup:

DM51

Flashaholic
We have matter and anti-matter, so why not lumens and anti-lumens, ie photons / anti-photons?