Ultrafire C3 questions

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
For an approximate $20 single AA light with a clickie, is the Ultrafire C3 probably the best choice? If so, is there any preference over buying at Kaidomain or dealextreme? Does one tend to get it here to the US faster then the other? Are there other alternatives I should consider for around the same price. I would go a little higher if worth it but want to keep it under $25 as it will be a work light and I don't want to feel bad should it break or get stolen. My Huntlight FTA2 (regular Luxeon version) is my current work light and is not treating me too well, the second of which is not treating me too well.

Vickers

Enlightened
I bought the C3 from DX...it took a couple of weeks to get here.

It has become my fave worklight, mostly because of the simple operation (clickie, no modes). It *is* reverse clickie, other than that it is perfect.

I originally bought another DX light that was a similar size, the Ultrafire WF-602A1.

I use 14500s with both.

There is a no-name Cree that DX is selling for $8.95 that looks very similar here:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4949

But it looks like you can't use a 14500 in it. I'm still going to order one.

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
The C3 has a narrower than average battery tube so some newer high capacity NiMH cells won't fit. My Ultrafire Li-on and Eneloop fits. And it helps to put the battery in from the head end, rather than the tail end. The middle of the tube is slightly narrower than the ends. My Ultrafire battery crimps at the head and is just a bit wider than the rest of the body, and not having to force the crimped section through the narrow section of the battery makes insertion a lot easier.

mattchase

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the newest version of the $8.95 DX simply cree light. It shipped today, so hopefully I will have it by next week. I was looking for a cheap, toss about single AA light so I'm not expecting this one to be super bright or durable, but hopefully just "good enough". Needless to say, the price was right! I will let you know what I think when I get it.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting for my C3 to arrived, cant wait to test 14500 on it? please more review if you can the more the better :)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to my original question between Kaidomain and DX, does one tend to get it here to the USA quicker then the other as well as more likely to have it in stock?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
They should be the same but it seems that DX has a better customer service then Kaidomain.

The MTE 1AA Seoul also seems to be a good single AA light, review, but I don;t think it will work with a 14500 battery. Reverse clickie.