So is the Huntlight X-RE currently the brightest 2 cell LED out there?

Jasmes

Enlightened
I want to buy another two cell LED light that will outshine my L2D-CE, that isn't by Fenix. The Huntlight seems like the one to go with, eh? :thinking:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to FLR, it does seem to be brighter than it's competitors including LP M1 and L2D. I'd say the closest competitor is the Wolf-Eyes 170 lumen drop-in which is also available in the 2cell light with attack bezel (forgot the model name). It's 170 lumen at the bulb...may be close to the FT-01 XRE.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to buy another two cell LED light that will outshine my L2D-CE, that isn't by Fenix. The Huntlight seems like the one to go with, eh? :thinking:
It probably is. But the MRV might be even brigther according the factor specs... I've never seen a scientific test though.

martonic

Enlightened
The Huntlight is a wonderfully useful light due to the LARGE hotspot, great sidespill, multiple levels, phenomenal runtime and bezel-down clip! There must be a "brighter" light out there, but you simply can't go wrong with the Huntlight.

Edit: go with the smooth reflector - it really works great in this light.

Last edited:

martonic

Enlightened
We had an MRV at our recent campout. Most powerful LED 2 cell..but! Very tight and long throw...not so much sidespill. I'd go for the HUntlight or Wolf eyes...both great lights. If you are on a tighter budget- the U-2 clones sold by DX and Kai are very powerful too. Around $25.. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1285

The U2 clones are great, it's true. Con: Only two levels, and Heavy! Not pocket-friendly. Pro: amazing huge bright beam.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Huntlight is a wonderfully useful light due to the LARGE hotspot, great sidespill, multiple levels, phenomenal runtime and bezel-down clip! There must be a "brighter" light out there, but you simply can't go wrong with the Huntlight.

Edit: go with the smooth reflector - it really works great in this light.

agreed 110%