A strange dream I had...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sometimes Life gets boring, and each day or week can seem exactly the same as the one before it. Been my experience that if you work the Midnight shift, like I do, that experience becomes magnified.

Sometimes the subconscious mind makes up for this by giving one some exciting dreams. That's what happened to me. I dreamed that I was examing some cool items that I bought in the past. One of them was a non-black Inova X1. Thing is, I don't own one! :D

Oh well, still more exciting than Reality.

Any of you guys ever dream about lights?

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Any of you guys ever dream about lights?

yeah....where a stash of lithiums caught fire and everything but my mclux died in the inferno including me....they paved over the house and a few decades later a construction worker found it while digging the foundation for a parking garage and....yeah, my dreams are usually pretty devastating... I have yet to have a dream of finding a valuable flashlight I didn't buy:crazy:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sorry to hear that. My dreams tend to be more fun and happy than my real life.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a few days ago, I had a dream about a flashlight (the flashaholism is getting worse:grin2:), I don't know exactly what the dream was about but I remember I wanted to use my fenix l1d-ce and the tailcap failed? :thinking: :laughing:. I had this dream probably because of the threads about surefire/fenix lately? :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
From my online dream diary, comes this:

September 02, 2002:
I was in a large public market not unlike the Pike Place Market here in Seattle. I had to go to the bathroom, so I started looking for a toliet. Below the street level, I found a public restroom with two toliets. A tall drag queen in a gold lame' dress was just starting to leave one stall, and the other was already empty. So I went right to the empty stall, but found somebody had pissed all over the toliet seat and all over most of the toliet paper. The drag queen's stall was now being used by someone else, so I was stuck with this one. Using what little unpissed-on paper there was, I cleaned off the seat and then sat down. Affixed to an empty TP dispenser rod to my left was my pair of Arc-LS flashlights on a keyring. I realised I had left them there the previous day, and I saw evidence that a lot of people had tried to remove them but failed. There were deep grooves cut into the metal TP rod from somebody pulling back and forth on the keychain, apparently hoping to erode through the rod enough to break it. The toliet paper rod was locked into the holder with a small, stiff button at one end, which I firmly pressed and easily freed my flashlights. Still seated on the toliet, I briefly examined them and then stuffed them into my pocket. After sitting on the can for several more minutes and deciding I couldn't "go", I pulled up my pants and exited the stall. At this time I noticed a couple of younger guys in the bathroom. We exchanged a brief conversation, but I can't remember what it was about anymore. It wasn't anything bad, I'm pretty sure of that.

From 09-07-02, comes this snippet:

In the last part of the dream, I was inside part of a new building construction. I heard some people "ooing" an "aaahing" at something going on in the next room of the unfinished structure. I looked through the still-unhung door, and saw a white laser dot being shined at the unfinished plywood ceiling about two or three floors up. It was coming from some guys about 1 floor below me standing in front of what I took to be an argon ion laser, even though I knew it was the wrong color. I noticed at times the white laser spot had crimson red edges, as if developing a chromatic abberation. But for the most part, the beam was white. So I pulled out my own green-emitting laser pen, and started chasing the white spot on the ceiling with it. The NWCN crew from the last dream segment showed up again and stood there watching as well. Somebody mentioned what a beautiful shade of green my laser was. I said something to the guys below, "What kind of laser is that, a urine laser?" and they started laughing while repeating the phrase "urine laser" a couple of more times. I said "No, not a urine laser, a dye laser". There was some more laughing from the other laser's owners, while both of our lasers' beams continued to play tag on the ceiling. Right after that, I woke up.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my own flashlight dreams, the lights that I find or use often give off a dim yellow-orange glow as if they had weak batteries. In another dream, I had a light that appeared to be very bright when you were looking at it but nothing I "shined" the light at would be illuminated.

I had a dream once where I met Craig (LED Museum) sometime during the day and he wanted me to find something that was left or hidden by some railroad tracks. I didn't get to the tracks until maybe 3am at night in the dream judging by how dark it was. There were only two or three low pressure sodium streetlights in the area but they were facing a road about 80 feet away so it was very hard to see in the area around the tracks. About 30 feet from where I started when I got to the tracks, I found a 2d Maglite that appeared to have been dropped there and forgotten. I turned it on but got a dim orange beam as if the batteries were almost dead but I was still able to find what I had originally was told to look for. I looked around a little bit more for other items of interest that may be in the gravel but the sun began to rise and then I woke

raggie33

*the raggedier*
last night alone i had to night mares the last one involved paris hilton nick lachey a crime i ran into a flash light i fouind a flashlight i lost part of then i woke up.the earlier dream had me being riped apart by huge fish hooks and rope.aint sure wh y i have thease dreams but i hate em.maybe i watch to many scarey movies

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Dudes.

The good news is "You're not losing it!"

The bad news is "You've already lost it, BIGTIME!"

The 2nd good news is "It's dark and I feel sure you've all got sufficient flashlights to find it again!"

Good luck!!!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, just to update the thread, I finally had a chance to head into Target today. Got the exact same non-black X1 I was examining in my dream.

Oh hey! Target still has a few of the 2nd Gen. X1s still left. They're selling them right along side the new version. I remembered the latest Update posted on flashlightreviews.com, so I went with a 2nd Gen. model. (I already have a powerful 1AA, LED light. So I decided I'd rather have more runtime with the X1).

Not everyone has had good things to say about the 2nd Gen X1 model. But I decided to take a chance. The more powerful X1s, with much less runtime, have "2.0" printed on the packaging. The old models don't.