anyone has the new SF E2L?

Entrekman

Newly Enlightened
could anyone with the new E2L describe the beam?
does it have a wider beam or a brighter center?

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Hi Entrekman,

Welcome to CPF. Emm, I don't think its out yet. Soon I hope. I welcome the better specs...

Not on the Surefire website, but apparently all the new cree lights are available through brick and mortar retail stores (as of June 15). There is a gun shop in my area that can get any of the new lights via special order in a few days.

tussery

Enlightened
Not on the Surefire website, but apparently all the new cree lights are available through brick and mortar retail stores (as of June 15). There is a gun shop in my area that can get any of the new lights via special order in a few days.
Funny because I pre-ordered a E2L from Optics HQ and they have yet to receive or start shipping any out and early July is the ETA.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one has any of the the new/revised lights yet. They haven't shipped to ANY dealers yet.

Dealers with websites have to have a retail presence so all AUTHORIZED online dealers have B&M stores to some degree or another.

ETA is Still mid-July.

WTH

Newly Enlightened
No one has any of the the new/revised lights yet. They haven't shipped to ANY dealers yet.

Dealers with websites have to have a retail presence so all AUTHORIZED online dealers have B&M stores to some degree or another.

ETA is Still mid-July.

I spoke to someone at Surefire who said the Internet stores will get these 6 weeks later than retail stores (call Surefire and ask, maybe they'll say something different now). Also, the owner of the local gun shop told me his sales rep was in at the end of May with samples of all the cree lights.

Not trying to start a debate here, just relaying what I've heard.

WTH

Newly Enlightened
Well, what are you waiting for?

:popcorn:

I almost ordered the new L1 but decided to pre-order a Novatac instead. Hope it turns out to be a wise decision although I'll probably buy the L1 eventually as well.

WTH

Newly Enlightened
what's the name of the store.... and what is the city and state?:huh:

Go here (link to L1):
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/932/sesent/00

...and you notice you can't buy the L1 through the Surefire site but it links you to the directory and says it can be purchased through an authorized dealer. Type in my zip code, 94553. The first entry is this one:

CANYON SPORTS 0.00 Miles 887 HOWE ROAD, SUITE F
MARTINEZ, CA 94553
Phone: (925) 229-4867
...thats the store I called about a month ago. I spoke with the owner who told me a Surefire rep had come by to show him the new cree lights. He had no idea what "cree" meant but he said he saw the newer led light and he could pre-order it and get it in as of June 15th.

I bought a G2 there recently. Its a huge gun store and apparently they do a pretty decent volume of SF lights.

Surefiregeek

Newly Enlightened
Reports from the 2007 SHOT show indicate that the upgraded E1L, E2L and L1 will have TIRs that project what the author called a more "organic, round shaped beam." Can't really elaborate on that since I haven't seen them, but a few weeks ago a SF rep told me they'd be available for purchase from Surefire itself in August. Going to get the L1 and L5 first. If L1's beam shows better spill/flood quality than original TIR, also going to pick up the new E2L.