Will P2D 2xAA tube fit new Q2 P2D?

Face

Enlightened
Hi,

A mate at work wants to buy my normal P2D tomorrow and I thought I could use the proceeds towards a natural P2D Q2.

I also have the 2xAA battery tube for the normal P2D and was wondering if it will still fit the new Q2 P2D.

I'm pretty sure that it will - I can't imagine Fenix would rethread the new Q2's - but you never know!

ALSO... will the new Q2's still take AW 3.7v RCR123s - that would also be a big plus. Can anyone confirm that too?

Many thanks,

Face

Last edited:

Zefiryn

Newly Enlightened
Yes it fits, but I'll need to buy L2D tailcap as well.. I mean, threads are the same, but P2D taicap is tad widther and deeper.

RCR123 works fine , but remember U'll loose all low modes.

wintermute

Enlightened
Yes it fits, but I'll need to buy L2D tailcap as well.. I mean, threads are the same, but P2D taicap is tad widther and deeper.

RCR123 works fine , but remember U'll loose all low modes.
You can always get the 3.0v Tenergy RCR123 batts - then you should still get the modes.

Face

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies; I greatly appreciate it. 4sevens has confirmed that the tube will fit for me.

I could get the 3v rechargables, but that would mean ANOTHER charger which I don't really want.

wintermute

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies; I greatly appreciate it. 4sevens has confirmed that the tube will fit for me.

I could get the 3v rechargables, but that would mean ANOTHER charger which I don't really want.

FYI, there is a charger out there which has a switch to charge 3.0v or 3.7v RCR123 batteries. It's also inexpensive (around $15 I think). So you can just replace your charger for one that does both, instead of having 2 separate chargers.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Ace12,
Pro Lite Japan had the first limited run of Q2 OP's, all were P3d's and all sold out immediately.

There has been no mention of a Q2 P3D but as Quickeam mentioned elsewhere, let's hope fenix moves in this direction, at least as an option.

There was one post recently that mentioned a "new version" P3D seen by a european dealer at the fenix factory - no details. Also, I believe David has said depending upon interest, he may make more special editions available.

Perhaps enough interest expressed through david or to fenix directly might prompt the appearance of a P3D Q2 sooner than later.