Living with only 1 Rechargeable light.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If you could only have one, which would you choose and why?

I'd go with the Inova T4. Not only is it rechargeable, but it's an LED too. (No bulbs to replace). Comes with several charging options. And it's a handy size.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may pick the Pelican 7060, but I have to wait until it arrives. :mecry:

Bright
Regulated
LED (naturally)
Pelican, so really durable
Size looks just about right for me.
Charges via dock, so no removal of cell
Two switches is nice, but I'd be happy with either switch, or even a body twist. Let's just say I'm not very picky about switch location.
All clicky switches are forward. If a light has a clicky, it'd better be forward, as far as I'm concerned.

Tremendo

Enlightened
I have a bunch of lights, and the only rechargeable I have is my EDC, Firefly 3. That'd be the one. Everything else runs primaries (Surefire U2, G2's, BOG, E2D's, Fenix P1D-CE's, Rexlight, JetBeam CR123, Jet C-LE, etc, etc.)

Windscale

Enlightened
I have a bunch of lights, and the only rechargeable I have is my EDC, Firefly 3. That'd be the one. Everything else runs primaries (Surefire U2, G2's, BOG, E2D's, Fenix P1D-CE's, Rexlight, JetBeam CR123, Jet C-LE, etc, etc.)

Time to start thinking about the environment! Up until a few months ago many of my lights ran on primaries. But I since read so much about the harm to the environment the disposal of these batteries can cause, I have decided to go 100% rechargeable. If we do not be careful, our lights may really have to be used for survival rather than as our behoved toys! I am about 90% rechargeable and hope to get to target soon.

Please take no offence. Just stating a fact.:mecry:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my lights run on rechargables...when I first came here, everything was sucking on primaries, once you realise the beauty of free lumens and get into a nice regime of regular charging and replacing cells in your EDC, there is no going back.

I do have a nice stash of lithium AAA, AA & CR123 primaries, but they are all for emergencies.

My number one rechargable light is my beloved HDS EDC U60GT. :)

CFU

Esthan

Enlightened
I'd go for an oil lamp.
Only way I'd be left with one light is a war. And during those
a bit of oil is easier to find than batts.

And If she could be driven by spirit, she would be a fine companion :]

Last edited:

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too have very few lights that run on primary cells.

If I had to choose only one of my rechargeable lights, it would be the Gen. 4 VB-16. It lasts several hours on a 18650 cell, and meets most of my needs. The variable brightness feature is great. But, it rocks on high!

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats hard. I guess I could run my survivorled on alkalines, so it would either be my D-mini on a 18650 or hopefully, the new brightstar led lighthawk I should get in a week or so.

Daekar

Enlightened
PT Apex P4 Modded on eneloop AAs. Not the lightest weight thing in the world, but the most universally useful light I own. I would give up my EDC light to have a headlamp, no question. The ability to DO SOMETHING while using a light is invaluable in most situations where you actually need a light.

Tremendo

Enlightened
Time to start thinking about the environment! Up until a few months ago many of my lights ran on primaries. But I since read so much about the harm to the environment the disposal of these batteries can cause, I have decided to go 100% rechargeable. If we do not be careful, our lights may really have to be used for survival rather than as our behoved toys! I am about 90% rechargeable and hope to get to target soon.

Please take no offence. Just stating a fact.:mecry:

Hey, all good. I tried going with mostly rechargeable AA's, now I have about 20-30 rechargeable Energizer AA's that I don't use at all. To keep the batteries fresh just got to be too much of a hassle, although I know there are many here who do it no problem. My FF3 gets more use than all other lights combined, and that's the one with the RCR123, just using a simple Nano charger.

Maybe the problem I've got is too many lights with little use.

Windscale

Enlightened
Hey, all good. I tried going with mostly rechargeable AA's, now I have about 20-30 rechargeable Energizer AA's that I don't use at all. To keep the batteries fresh just got to be too much of a hassle, although I know there are many here who do it no problem. My FF3 gets more use than all other lights combined, and that's the one with the RCR123, just using a simple Nano charger.

Maybe the problem I've got is too many lights with little use.

I had the same problem of keeping batteries fresh. That's why at one time I switched to mainly RCR123As and 17670s and 18650s. But later I discovered eneloops. I tested them for a few weeks and now I am addicted to them. AA lights made a comback. I gave all older AA rechargeables away. I think you ought to do the same as well.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I had the same problem of keeping batteries fresh. That's why at one time I switched to mainly RCR123As and 17670s and 18650s. But later I discovered eneloops. I tested them for a few weeks and now I am addicted to them. AA lights made a comback. I gave all older AA rechargeables away. I think you ought to do the same as well.

I see it this way.... If you love flashlights and prefer to use only rechargeables, that's great. To each his own. Especially when it comes to lights. But having had more than a bit of experience regarding the enviornmentalist movement, I can tell you that not all of their "facts" are facts. Some of the more "dedicated" members see nothing wrong with "stretching" the truth in order to get average folks to see things their way.

I really don't want this thread to turn into a debate about the enviornment. Just wanted to point out that things aren't always as they seem.

Windscale

Enlightened
I see it this way.... If you love flashlights and prefer to use only rechargeables, that's great. To each his own. Especially when it comes to lights. But having had more than a bit of experience regarding the enviornmentalist movement, I can tell you that not all of their "facts" are facts. Some of the more "dedicated" members see nothing wrong with "stretching" the truth in order to get average folks to see things their way.

I really don't want this thread to turn into a debate about the enviornment. Just wanted to point out that things aren't always as they seem.

Please tell us which fact or facts have been overstretched!