UltraFire Cree w/ Asperic Lens! Beam Shots!

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I got my UltraFire CREE from Dealtime. Had to sign my life away at the post office to pick it up. :) Anyway, I had some small aspheric lenses I got from surplusshed.com to experiment with. I found the 18x22, which didn't do much on my Fenix's, works fairly well on the Ultrafire!

I just attached it with some black electrical tape to fool around with. Here are the results, and I compare it with the Fenix P3D on Turbo:

Ultrafire with lens:

Ultra fire running with a AW RCR123 3.6V at 35 feet:

Fenix P3D set to TURBO running with two AW RCR123's at 35 feet:

Can't wait to take this set up outside tonight to see how it throws outdoors.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Took this set up outside. Of course it's kinda foggy/hazey out right now, but it's seriously out throwing my P2D Q2. It's pretty neat to see the amount of throw coming out of this little inexpensive light. Now I just need to find a way to better mount the lens. I guess I could glue it on. Be cool if I could mount it into something that would slip over the front of the light.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's a step on the lens, perhaps you can replace the stock lens with it. DX sells ashperic lenses now (they call them secondary optics) which look to have a lip to allow them to go into a light and replace the stock flat lens.

Latest posts