Scorpion Xenon Flashlight vs Brinkmann Legend LX

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I don't own a scorpion, but a website I reviewed it at reads "The Scorpion is under 5" long yet produces a blazing 6,500 candlepower for 1 continuous hour using 2 lithium batteries and a Xenon bulb"

When I reviewed the brinkmann legend LX it is said to have an output greater than 16,000 candlepower.......some of you posting here are saying the scorpion is better than the legend lx and I would like to know for what reasons do you feel this way?

Matt

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My PolyStinger is supposed to put out 15,000 CP but even fully recharged my Legend LX is a bit brighter, at least in the hotspot. But I don't have a Scorpion.

Interesting thing though, is that my TAC M III with kinda used batteries has a smaller, but slightly Brighter, hotspot than the LX (went outside in the dark and tried it just now). This is with the LX focused tight as I could -- although the LX did have a cleaner, fuller, purer hotspot and it was about 3x as big as the TAC M III's hotspot.

They're all so close that it comes down to subjective things like looks, design, personal ergonomic fit, and that biggie -- price. I think for the price of a Streamlight Poly or MAC M III, you could buy several LX's. The MAC's tail switch is supposed to be bad (never tried one, have a curly cord pressure switch on mine), the Poly's is good but heavy, the LX's is REAL heavy but I just remedied that today via the ballpoint-pen-spring fix found on another thread. I would find a way to try them all before buying.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
At work (I'm a Corrections Officer at a FL prison) I work the graveyard shift, and I always have my Legend LX. Another officer came to work last night with a Streamlight Scorpion...since I don't own a Scorpion, naturally I HAD to do a comparison
wink.gif
. The batteries in my LX already had about 20 minutes of use on them, and the other officer said that the batteries in her Scorpion had hardly been used at all.
Side by side, both lights were very close in brightness and light color, but the LX had a noticeably more intense and focused hotspot, and a much smoother beam. While I consider the switch in my LX to be a bit too stiff, the Scorpion's switch seemed to have a "cheap" feel to it...TOO easy to push and a "tinny" feel. Overall I thought the Scorpion seemed like a good light for the price, but all things considered (beam, hotspot, feel, price...) I'd take the LX over the Scorpion all day...just my opinion
grin.gif

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...