18650 LED Lights

Grumpy

Enlightened
Please post here about LED lights that can use 18650 batteries properly.
I have a Lumapower MRV light on the way and would like to know about other lights powered by 18650 rechargeable batteries.

I would love to see a Fenix light that uses this battery. One that the reflector was not much larger if any than the body of the light. Just a bigger version of their other offerings but made a small as possible with this battery.

Please post if you know of good quality lights powered by 18650.

Thanks

Norm

Retired Administrator
Wolf-Eyes Sniper X 1
Wolf-Eyes Rattlesnake with extender X 3
Norm

Daekar

Enlightened
I am also interested in which is the smallest 18650 light.

Take a look at this thread, PEU is cooking up what looks like the perfect 18650-powered EDC light. Prototype is about 94mm long, final product should be slightly shorter according to him. Could be a ways off, but it looks like it's worth waiting for. :twothumbs

lexina

Enlightened
The smallest 18650-led I have is the Lumapower M1:-

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=138703

The build quality is excellent. You can find lots of comments and reviews on this light by doing a search.

Both DX and Kaidomain have several models that run on 18650s and use D26-size drop-in modules but they are all larger than the M1.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lumapower lights, Huntlights, HDS had a 18650 battery tube, PEU is also making one, there are probably a lot more that I don't know of

And Dealextreme and Kaidomain(Mainly Eastward YJ, Ultrafire, Or no-name) sell many of then that are good quality for the price.

Grumpy

Enlightened
Take a look at this thread, PEU is cooking up what looks like the perfect 18650-powered EDC light. Prototype is about 94mm long, final product should be slightly shorter according to him. Could be a ways off, but it looks like it's worth waiting for. :twothumbs

Thanks for pointing me to this light. I will watch the progression of this project.

Grumpy

Enlightened
The smallest 18650-led I have is the Lumapower M1:-

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=138703

The build quality is excellent. You can find lots of comments and reviews on this light by doing a search.

Both DX and Kaidomain have several models that run on 18650s and use D26-size drop-in modules but they are all larger than the M1.

Very nice light. I didn't realize that the Lumapower M1 was that small.

labrat

Enlightened
Do you want only complete, 18650-designed lights, or lights with custom bodies like Mirage_Man's 18650 body and adapter for 18650-cells and Surefire E-series parts?
Like this KL4 and McTc-tail:

Many other bodies can be found also here in this forum!

Grumpy

Enlightened
Wolf-Eyes Sniper X 1
Wolf-Eyes Rattlesnake with extender X 3
Norm

Are these lights led or incan?
I saw some led add on for these lights but no price.

Where can I get a price for the led versions of these lights?

Thanks for the info.

Grumpy

Enlightened
Do you want only complete, 18650-designed lights, or lights with custom bodies like Mirage_Man's 18650 body and adapter for 18650-cells and Surefire E-series parts?
Like this KL4 and McTc-tail:

Many other bodies can be found also here in this forum!

WOW!
Now that is a nice light!

I would definitely like a light like that, especially if the led could be upgraded at a later date. Can this be done with this light without much difficulty?
Will the Aleph heads work with this tube?

labrat

Enlightened
If you go and check his sales-thread in "CPF's Custom & Mod B/S/T" in the forum, you will see he have photos there with the Aleph-heads and tail, really nice!
Upgrading the KL4, with what?
I don't see any of the upgraded heads adding much to the KL4, maybe better to get a KL1 too, an original or upgraded one?
If you want a focused beam?
The 18650-cell make both heads brighter, very clear improvement.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Labrat, great looking light, did you buy it or mod it yourself? Would love something like that in my collection.

Back on topic
How about one of these two........

CIMG2146.jpg

Just for size reference here is the 18650 next to them, sorry about the second pic, couldn't get it to focus properly for me, but gives you an idea.

CIMG2156.jpg

I know they have slightly bigger heads than the rest of the body, but both take 18650's with ease and run LED's (well actually the Sniper in the picture doesn't but it is available).

Grumpy

Enlightened
Labrat, great looking light, did you buy it or mod it yourself? Would love something like that in my collection.

Back on topic
How about one of these two........

CIMG2146.jpg

Just for size reference here is the 18650 next to them, sorry about the second pic, couldn't get it to focus properly for me, but gives you an idea.

CIMG2156.jpg

I know they have slightly bigger heads than the rest of the body, but both take 18650's with ease and run LED's (well actually the Sniper in the picture doesn't but it is available).

I like the size of those lights also. Not much bigger than many r123 lights but much more runtime. I am thinking of buying mostly lights that use the 18650.
Does someone make a nice headlight that will run on these?

RLM

Newly Enlightened
I would also love to see Fenix come out with a single 18650 powered light, offering an output similar to P3D (maybe in excess of 200 lumens in turbo mode with the new Q4 binned XR-E pushing 1 amp). Combining with the new OP reflector would be extra nice. The heat sinking would need to be effective and the body contain enough mass to dissipate the heat generated in continuous operation at full brightness. (3W+)
A 2400mah 18650 should offer a run time in excess of 2 hours in the high brightness mode. Would be perfect for my daily round trip bicycle commute. Small enough for handlebar lock-block or helmet mounting.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can buy a 18650 tube for the D-mini made by PEU from the Fenix store. It gives the D-mini slightly over 3hours of burntime with almost flat regulation. It is well worth the money.