Never loan your shelf Queen to a mechanic

Learjet

Enlightened
Lest it be scraped on the ground, stood on, and handed back to you covered in oil and grease. :shakehead :mecry:

I need a larger collection of loaner lights.

Learjet

Enlightened
Nah I have a mate that does it for free. I didn't say anything cos he's me mate and he does it out of the goodness of his heart, but oh the pain of seeing the little light suffer.

Rob187

Enlightened
A similar thing happened to me:

We had some plumbing work done on our house recently. The plumber arrived after I had gone to work and while under the house, his torch went flat. My good intentioned wife lent him my Lumaray FL12 which he then used and put a scratch into the handle. I was not impressed when I saw it.

My wife has now been issued with a suitable torch to loan to ill equiped tradesmen.

defusion

Enlightened
indeed, it's a tool; use it as such!
and it had better be dirty and dinged before you claim to have used it!

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cars are tools, too. That doesn't mean we want to see them scratched up. :poke:

Also, many people on here use a light for a while, keep it pristine, then sell it for the next new thing. If you buy a nearly-new used light and sell it in the same condition, you normally don't lose anything.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a half dozen Rayovac 2D lights equipped mith PR based SMJLED bulbs around for loaners. If they never make it back I'm only out about $15 each.

amanichen

Enlightened
As a rule I only loan out things I can afford to replace or don't mind getting damaged. Friends and family do not get an exception from this rule.

KingGlamis

Banned
Why isn't a shelf Queen on the shelf? What about your lights that are not shelf Queens, couldn't you loan out one of those instead?

Pistolero

Enlightened
I keep a half dozen Rayovac 2D lights equipped mith PR based SMJLED bulbs around for loaners. If they never make it back I'm only out about $15 each.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you get your bulbs from?
I'm needing to do this with some beater lights.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my PR based SMJLEDs came from GBs here on CPF that are no longer available. The Sandwich Shoppe has some, but IIRC these are the newer version and the ones I have are the older version.

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
Loaned my A2 to someone one time and he was hitting the business end of the light against a piece of wood to point out something to me. I did not say anything cause he was doing me a favor. Did not do any damage to the Surefire but it made me cringe. I later dropped it on the driveway and and put and ding on it, made me sick for a few min. Now i think that i like it better than before, I am not scared to use it now. After all that is why i got a Surefire right?? Any cheap light will work if it is never dropped or abused.

Glock40

Newly Enlightened
Going on vacation in a couple weeks at a cabin on a lake with lots of extended family members. We do lots of fishing at night and walking between cabins at night. Once again this year i will be the only one that will even bring a light at all. They wont even bring a 99 cent light from wal mart or a mini mag. I will be taking my good lights for me only of course and a couple cheapos. When they ask to borrow my light i will give them at most a stock mini mag. Then they will say thats not what you was using that not near as bright as what you was using(creed g2). I will just smile. Beggers cant be choosers huh? I would loan one to someone in an emergency but when they are going somewhere where they know a light will be needed and dont bring one I dont feel sorry for them.