Jetbeam CLE question

blademan

Enlightened
I've read that you can use a CLE with the hidden mode with 14500's but it will burn some of the boards out and be direct drive. Will a cr123 do the same? I found a body and tailcap that will work with primary 123's and was wondering. Any help will be appreciated.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Probably.

14500 and cr123 both run at roughly the same voltage (3.7), which is most likely the problem since the light was designed to run at 1.5v.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I have a CLE and I wouldn't risk the higher voltage batteries. Seems like I read a post that a 14500 fried a CLE. Probably not a good idea..

gunga

Flashaholic
On the whole, I've seen no failures with the CR123s (primaries) in a C-LE (older model with hidden mide).

I had one a while back with hidden mode, I tried out with CR123s. I only used it briefly for fear of burning it out. No problems, but I didn't get good contact so decided to just stick to AAs.

Others have used 14500s successfully, but many have burned out the boost circuit, so it can ONLY use 14500s. The newer ones (v1.2) will just fry so don't try those.

Overall, you're pretty safe with CR123s. Personally I wouldn't bother. It is brighter, but I love the form factor as is and I would rather not risk it.

Hmmm, not sure if that helped...

:sick2:

Groundhog66

Banned
I've read that you can use a CLE with the hidden mode with 14500's but it will burn some of the boards out and be direct drive. Will a cr123 do the same? I found a body and tailcap that will work with primary 123's and was wondering. Any help will be appreciated.

What body and tail did you plan on using, a clickie would be a great addition to a CL-E. I have been using a 14500 in mine since I got it, I will take the chance.

Tim

Last edited:

blademan

Enlightened
I found out that the Hugsby p12 body will fit the head. It runs on 1 Cr123 or two aa's so it's pretty versatile. I bought the light from another cpfer.

Latest posts