drop-ins for Pentagonlights

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
I own two Pentagonlight (L2 and a X2) and I'm happy with them both, but I was thinking if it possible, to use drop-ins for these flashlights.
Have in mind that for both lights, that the batteries must placed reversed (pos. end at the tailcap).
help.gif

Perhaps I can use Lumensfactory type D26 (6 volt, 160 lumen) ??
http://www.lumensfactory.com/index.htm
I don't think Cree's drop-in will work, because batteries must be pos. end at the tailcap.

Suggestions ?
Thanks everyone, :wave:

Last edited:

winston

Enlightened
I've put the Wolf-Eyes D26 cree in my X2 briefly without any problem. I can't remember whether I tried an incan. lamp. I would think it would go in nicely, as long as you remembered the big outer spring. Are you sure about the batteries?
-Winston

I own two Pentagonlight (L2 and a X2) and I'm happy with them both, but I was thinking if it possible, to use drop-ins for these flashlights.
Have in mind that for both lights, that the batteries must placed reversed (pos. end at the tailcap).
help.gif

Perhaps I can use Lumensfactory type D26 (6 volt, 160 lumen) ??
http://www.lumensfactory.com/index.htm
I don't think Cree's drop-in will work, because batteries must be pos. end at the tailcap.

Suggestions ?
Thanks everyone, :wave:

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Winston.

If you own a PL X2, you must know that the batteries go's in backwards. (with a TC-4 clickie)
Can you check it for me?
I'm surprised that you can use a Cree drop-in in a X2...
Are you sure about that?:thinking:

not2bright

Enlightened
The CR123s in my PL L2 go in with the positive end toward the tailcap (TC4). Many would consider this as "backwards" when compared to most other lights.

I'm guessing that the LED module is wired in reverse of most modules to make the battery configuration work.

I'll try to test that out a little later today.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
With the exception of the BOG 5 Watt module any drop-in that will fit a Surefire P60/P90 light will also work in a Pentagonlight.

I currently run a Wolf-Eyes D26 in an X2 head on an X3 body as my shop light. It works well and performs better than the P90 I was using earlier.

Now, Cree drop-ins should work but you must make sure to observe the necessary polarity required of the batteries. I fried my first Bug Out Gear 3 Watt drop-in because I forgot about this and the isolation compartment defeats mechanical polarity protectors. Also, when putting the batteries in reverse make sure not to tighten the tailcap too much as you will crush the batteries.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so, for a (any) Cree drop-in for P-60 in a Pl X2, I must check if the batteries go's in reversed (the positive end to the tailcap).
Am I right? Is it possible I fried the bulb, if I do it wrong?
ohgeez.gif

spoonrobot

Enlightened
Ok, so, for a (any) Cree drop-in for P-60 in a Pl X2, I must check if the batteries go's in reversed (the positive end to the tailcap).
Am I right? Is it possible I fried the bulb, if I do it wrong?
ohgeez.gif

Not quite. For any drop-in you must first check the polarity required for said drop-in. Then insert the batteries accordingly, Pentagonlights will function with the batteries in any direction but are designed for the positive end toward the tailcap.

Flymo

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks,

But how can I check, how the polarity is from a drop-in bulb?
In any advertisments I can't find that information.
Is it right, that if + polarity from the bulb is in the middle, the batteries go's in with the positive polarity to the bulb side (up) an the other way round for the bulb if the + at the side?

Thanks !