blink and you'll miss it

Mad1

Enlightened
Oh so it's not actually out yet? Odd for Surefire to do that.

When the P6D and G3 came out it wasnt on their site untill sometime after places had them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
When the P6D and G3 came out it wasnt on their site untill sometime after places had them.
I assume you mean the 6PD...

Anyways, the new L1 has a shorter body, new bezel featuring new TIR optic for the Cree XR-E LED. The output ratings have changed significantly to 10 and 60 lumens.
The beam profile of the new L1 and new KX1 bezel (used by the new E1L & E2L) is unlike the current L1 and current KL1 bezel. SureFire's new TIR optic & Cree XR-E combination produce a far more balanced beam with an intense central beam and good surround beam.

The new L1 is a whole new product and in my opinion one of the most impressive new products along with the Titan that SureFire are releasing this year.

Al :)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't wait to see beamshots of the new Cree lights, especially the L1. Since Surefire is known for understating the output of their lights, I wonder what the first users will report the output actually will seem like.
Some people have complained about the low output seeming too high, but I don't think there will be a problem with some smart person here at CPF figuring out how to add/swap the resistor in the tailcap to give it a lower low.
I'm just chompin' at the bit to get/see one of these things in action. I wish we could get a more definite ETA on these babies....

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyways, the new L1 has a shorter body, new bezel featuring new TIR optic for the Cree XR-E LED. The output ratings have changed significantly to 10 and 60 lumens.

Al :)

I have always avoided L1 for its length and output, thus with the improvements the new one will be my next light.

is there a dancing banana emoticon for CPF? I woulce really use one right now.

Mad1

Enlightened
Thanks for all the info guys, I really can't wait to get this light.

The only thing I didn't like about my lost L1 was it's length for a 1cell light.

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also wonder how the new L1 will compare to my SSC-P4 modded KL1 head running in two cell mode, which is about 500mah...

Hans

Enlightened
The new L1 is a whole new product and in my opinion one of the most impressive new products along with the Titan that SureFire are releasing this year.

I agree, it looks like an excellent addition to the Surefire lineup. The only thing I don't like is that low isn't low enough, and that kills it for me, I'm afraid.

Maybe one of the modders will offer a solution for that.

Hans

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, it looks like an excellent addition to the Surefire lineup. The only thing I don't like is that low isn't low enough, and that kills it for me, I'm afraid.

Maybe one of the modders will offer a solution for that.

Hans

you guys are missing the big picture. the biggest complaint of the L1 from many CPFers before was the high or low being not bright enough, sometimes both. It's much easier to add a resistor to the talcap module than it is to open up the circuit to increase the drive current on high. The high will be bright enoug and it's much easier to dim the low.

Mad1

Enlightened
I would prefer 2/60lm 10lumens is too bright for low.