Another Flood Type Flashlight Mod

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy CPF Folk! :wave:

Just thought I would share a little of my Tuesday flashlight fun! :party: Ended up putting together some Tranquility Base and McGizmo Titanium pieces for a nice flood type flashlight. Here is a few pics and then I am going back to work on my project of converting a floor lamp to LED. :grin2:

Ken

Hmmm:thinking:..... A 17500 battery and a 123 size battery tube? :green: No problem since this light will not have a reflector for its Cree emitter.
IMG_4815.jpg

Used Aleph XRE cans sold at the Sandwich Shoppe to build a LE. Cut and bored with a Dremel which SUCKED! :rolleyes:
IMG_4811.jpg

FluPic driver
IMG_4804.jpg

That FluPic is way down deep in that head so the 17500 is perfect fit using a 123 size battery tube. ;)
IMG_4801.jpg

The heat transfer may not be that great the way I built the LE? :shrug: But until I get my Lathe running this set up will do for me. Anyway, now I have a flood type light for all occasions in CR2, 123 and 17500 battery size. :grin2:
IMG_4853.jpg

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Don, and I do love the flood type lights like your Mule. :thumbsup: I read you might make an Aleph 2 flood head with a Cree but I couldn`t wait and see so I made my own. :D

Geez:ohgeez: Ken, first reply to your thread is from McFloodmaster...I didn't get a reply on my 'COW' thread, I'm utterly disappointed...:candle::(:mecry: I thought we were all:buddies:here...have I been Mc:banned:? OK I'm otta here...NYC here come:poof:

I'll feel much better if Don sends me one of those Ti McLunaSol27's:green:

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good job Ken :thumbsup: Its been satisfying watching your modding skills and ideas develop.

Keep it up.
Get that lathe fired-up.
You're doing pretty good for a crazy guy. :eek: :nana:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez:ohgeez: Ken, first reply to your thread is from McFloodmaster...I didn't get a reply on my 'COW' thread, I'm utterly disappointed...:candle::(:mecry: I thought we were all:buddies:here...have I been Mc:banned:? OK I'm otta here...NYC here come:poof:

I'll feel much better if Don sends me one of those Ti McLunaSol27's:green:

TB, I think Don was just being nice since nobody else posted in my thread. :mecry: So don`t have a 'COW' about it! :nana: :crackup:

BTW, I would join you in a trip to NYC but I don`t think they sell Riverwest there so that might make me have a COW! :eek:

:drunk:Ahhh, A BEER! :D

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
TB, I think Don was just being nice since nobody else posted in my thread. :mecry: So don`t have a 'COW' about it! :nana: :crackup:

BTW, I would join you in a trip to NYC but I don`t think they sell Riverwest there so that might make me have a COW! :eek:

:drunk:Ahhh, A BEER! :D
They have Bud, and the lodging is free...but I gotta admit, my brother's place isn't much better than the subway platform.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek:oo: Well, that sounds WONDERFUL! :twothumbs

But just for you! :nana:

The Happy Homester,
Kenster :grin2:
There's a Titanium salvage dealer just a few blocks from my brother's place...$1.00 a pound for any scrap...It's the best part of the trip, just don't tell my wife, or my brother that...

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey kenster ... counting the days until you start your first very own production run of custom lights? :D
bernie

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey kenster ... counting the days until you start your first very own production run of custom lights? :D
bernie

Well Bernie, I believe I will actually make some custom Kenster lights of my own design one of these days when I get off my lazy backside :rolleyes: .... but not this week. :p Modifying lights is a blast but I suppose it is about time I stop for a while and concentrate on getting some of my ideas from 3D computer drawings to real life 3D. I am still considering picking up a Wabeco 4000 or 6000 CNC Lathe that I made an attempt to buy a while back. It has been a while and maybe I can get the place to take my money this time? :duh2: :shrug: Anyway, either model would be very cool and I believe I could turn out a few small size lights on my own with a Wabeco CNC Lathe. :naughty: Well, almost on my own since someone else would have to make the driver, reflector, lens, LED, battery........ :ohgeez:...... you know what I mean. :nana:

Ken :wave:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey Ken,
This is your thread and I don't want to take it off on a tangent but would you inform that TB guy that I meant no dis by not posting in his cow pasture? Some of my ancestors raised and sold champion Hereford Bulls and I learned to look down on Angus; it was a knee jerk response! :nana:

(Brown nail polish and it would have been a different story. :eek: )

Cool on a CNC!!! If you need some reflectors for your future offerings...... :)

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ken,
This is your thread and I don't want to take it off on a tangent but would you inform that TB guy that I meant no dis by not posting in his cow pasture? Some of my ancestors raised and sold champion Hereford Bulls and I learned to look down on Angus; it was a knee jerk response! :nana:

(Brown nail polish and it would have been a different story. :eek: )

Cool on a CNC!!! If you need some reflectors for your future offerings...... :)

Don, any thread of mine has no direction so spin left, right or make a U-turn if you want and I`ll change the title. :D I`m partial to Herefords myself. My Mother has a small herd of miniature Herefords that I used to care for and they were like my pets. Those cows followed me everywhere and wouldn`t leave me alone to do anything. :( I miss those crazy MOO-MOOs!:p

Funny, all my flashlight drawings seem to use your reflectors for some strange reason??? ;) Well, so far anyway! :nana: