CR2 lights

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a CR2 light for my edc backup. I don't really want to spend the money for an Ion or such. I would like to keep it under $50 and something that can be bought here in the US. I don't like dealing with DX much.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
[I offered this light, sale retracted now that the OP found what he needed]

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

Last edited:

Gannz

Newly Enlightened
I don't think there is a new, non-DX CR2 Cree/Seoul for under $80. :sigh:

I'd highly recommend a JiL w/ SSC P4 & FLuPIC but you'll have to upgrade yourself or pay well over $50 in the long run for the parts/service. It's not an easy mod b/c the reflector needs some fixin'.

The Orb Raw w/ Cree is also a nice light but it's at least $80 new. You can get one used one (or a new 1 Watt) for around $50.

barkingmad

Enlightened
I don't think there is a new, non-DX CR2 Cree/Seoul for under $80. :sigh:

I'd highly recommend a JiL w/ SSC P4 & FLuPIC but you'll have to upgrade yourself or pay well over $50 in the long run for the parts/service. It's not an easy mod b/c the reflector needs some fixin'.

The Orb Raw w/ Cree is also a nice light but it's at least $80 new. You can get one used one (or a new 1 Watt) for around $50.

The Orb Raw is about £40/$80 but remember that price includes a protected RCR2 battery (think mine came with an AW one) and Nano Li-ion charger - it's a beautifully made and very bright little light!

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Luxogen LR12 HAIII CR2 light from Waion and it's one of my favorites. I've since swapped in a SSC P4 emitter and damn it's bright! I bought another one with normal TypeII ano (rebranded as a Smartfire) from QualityChinaGoods and it isn't the same quality construction as my Luxogen from Waion is, but still nice and a good host for a SSC P4.

Here is an HAIII Ultrafire 606B CR2 light you can get from Lighthound. It's a LuxIII, but you can easily swap in a SSC P4.

http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2034

For the money, EngrPaul's 606B offering is the best and it's available now. If you really want HAIII, Lighthound is a great place to buy from. The LR12 is a bit shorter I believe than the UF 606B.

ADDICTED2LITE

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Orb RAW with tritium and 2 batteries for $45. It looks a lot smaller than the Ultrafire and that was the most important factor, plus I got it for $45.:D

Its used, but thats what its for, right?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I'm glad you found what you're looking for. :thumbsup:

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
The Orb Raw is about £40/$80 but remember that price includes a protected RCR2 battery (think mine came with an AW one) and Nano Li-ion charger - it's a beautifully made and very bright little light!

+1! One of my favorite lights. Has a custom look and feel about it.