Is Fenix now offering standard Textured reflectored lights?

rookie

Enlightened
Just checked for new items on Fenix-store site and noticed that pre-orders are now being taken for Fenix Cree textured? Does this mean that these lights will come standard w/ textured reflectors? There is no mention of upgrades to the Cree themselves? Can it be true?

Also mentions that pre-orders are taken up to 07/01.

Last edited:

rookie

Enlightened
Re: Is Fenix now offering Textured reflectored lights?

No, that was about the Special Editions w/ Q2 emitters, which also cost more. It appears that Fenix-store has some standard Cree lights w/ just the textured reflectors priced as the same as the standard lights.

EDIT: After reading the other thread, you're right, they are mentioned on the middle of the thread.

Last edited:

Nic

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if David will start selling the new reflectors as an accessory? I for one would replace my reflectors if he did.
I would too, but after my previous experience trying to remove the pill from the head, I don't think I'd bother, because it is very likely to break your light.

wintermute

Enlightened
I just realized from 4sevens last night that the Q2 special editions didn't even have any locking compound on the head. I really, really, hope that the new ones don't have locking compound on the threads either. I've already ordered a Q4 to go in my L2D CE with the textured reflector once they come in, and don't want to fight with the threads like I've heard about on here.

EDIT: All new ones have sealed heads still. What a pain in the butt.

Last edited:

flash99dark

Newly Enlightened
Oh Nuts, Now that means that the L2D-CE Q model that I just got "with the
fingerprint smugged and stained reflector" cannot be swapped out and I have to send the light back for replacement....William

A few months ago I got a $70 D.O.A Jetbeam. I don't blame either merchant,
but import prices seem to go up and QA/QC?
Wintermute: They responded to my E-mail a short time ago. I will be sent a new one for the defective one. All is well...

Last edited:

wintermute

Enlightened
Oh Nuts, Now that means that the L2D-CE Q model that I just got "with the
fingerprint smugged and stained reflector" cannot be swapped out and I have to send the light back for replacement....William

A few months ago I got a $70 D.O.A Jetbeam. I don't blame either merchant,
but import prices seem to go up and QA/QC?

Contact David, and see what he says. Don't worry - he provides excellent support.