Red X5... Interesting!

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I finally had a chance to check out the lights I got from The Battery Junction that arrived on Monday. (Fast and accurate as usual!)
The Titanium finish red LED X5 I ordered came in a neat military-style? black plastic square section tube. The generic Inova instruction sheet, again with no mention of the 1-cell for RED X5, and the lanyard were tucked in neatly too. I had never seen Inova packaging like this but it was very practical!
This thing is BRIGHT! And it's more throw and less flood than the white X5 I have. I think I need to find a diffuser cap for it.
Tail cap and switch work great, very smooth. A happy purchase to satisfy my addiction for a couple of weeks (along with the LumaPower F1 SSC).
By the way, it came with a Duracell Ultra lithium, date code Mar 2016.

Last edited:

GreySave

Enlightened
Press & Seal over the LEDs will give you an oblong flood that I rather like. It is so oblong that you can literally aim it vertically or horizontally. I believe some have said that it polarizes the beam. Not the prettiest thing to use as a diffuser and the result may not be to everyone's taste, but I find it very useful. I use mine for night navigation around the house and feed it the left over batteries from my other lights. Its the perfect cell drainer.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestion. I plan to use it for the normal reasons that are often associated with this light; camping, night navigation, battery draining. Too bad I recently "organized". Now I can't find my package of used lithiums... The cell that came in it will probably last enough months for me to find them though.