latest L5 has domed lens?!

Paladin

Enlightened
I noticed that the front lens on the last L5 (A0623x) sent by OpticsHQ has a slightly domed profile, whereas my older than dirt (A0022x) one has a flat front window. The later model has no detectable center shadowing at all, and is somewhat brighter and whiter than the old one. The improvement is easily observed, even my wife was impressed!

Paladin

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wha... I've been trying to get a hold of a L5 for a while now. Everyone is out of them when I go to get them!

Paladin

Enlightened
Wha... I've been trying to get a hold of a L5 for a while now. Everyone is out of them when I go to get them!

Get a hold of Mike or Kobi at OpticsHQ before they sell out. IIRC their last dealer forum posting showed more in stock. I had called them to order a KL5 bezel and Z58 tailcap, then realized another complete L5 was only a few dollars more. The newer L5 also seems to run cooler, in spite of drawing almost identical tailcap current to the older one in several configurations tested.

Paladin

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering if the driver board can be swapped out for a DB 1000 or something like that and a SSC P4 be put in...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a hold of Mike or Kobi at OpticsHQ before they sell out. IIRC their last dealer forum posting showed more in stock. I had called them to order a KL5 bezel and Z58 tailcap, then realized another complete L5 was only a few dollars more. The newer L5 also seems to run cooler, in spite of drawing almost identical tailcap current to the older one in several configurations tested.

Paladin

Yesss, I just got them to hold one for me till Thursday (payday). Now I gotta start planning to mod it. What driver board would you recommend? 750? 1000? Heck maybe even get one made up to 1.25amp or something....