RUSH Tonight Tweeter Center Boston

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I saw them 2 weeks ago in NC. They will play yyz, but if you are an old school Rush fan like I am you will be sorely dissapointed. They do not play anything before A Farewell To Kings. No 2112, no Fly By Night, not even working man. Don't get me wrong, they sounded great, but played way too much of their new stuff.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Yup!!! YYZ was the final song of the encore! Show lasted THREE AND A HALF HOURS! They took a 30min break halfway through. About 50/50 old and new, I have tickets to see them AGAIN in two weeks in Connecticut :) They did play "Spirit of Radio" and "Freewill" and Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions so I was all set!!!! Sig and Bart, Wish You Were Here!!!!!!!! :twothumbs

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Nope, but I'll be going to the Dancing With The Stars concert next week....NOT...LOL...Is Geddy Lee still the lead singer? I thought he was like 60 when I was just a teen...

Regards,
Flavio

swampgator

Enlightened
Yeah, I saw them 2 weeks ago in NC. They will play yyz, but if you are an old school Rush fan like I am you will be sorely dissapointed. They do not play anything before A Farewell To Kings. No 2112, no Fly By Night, not even working man. Don't get me wrong, they sounded great, but played way too much of their new stuff.

I heard a radio interview (I think the old "Rockline" call-in show) circa 1989, around the time "A Show Of Hands" was released. If I remember correctly they said that they would play songs during a certain era then record and release a live album then 'retire' the songs from that era. They said they would bring out older songs once in awhile as encores.

Again this is from about 18 years ago and sometimes my memory is fuzzy. But I personally I prefer songs from "Power Windows" to "Counterparts" era.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Some of my "roots"...I saw them here, a "few years ago"! Three guys that can really kick out the notes!!

While speaking of "three guys" - let's not forget the GREAT ZZ Top, they kick out the tunes as well!!!

Last time I saw Ted Nugent, he played with just a bass player & a drummer...he kicked out the rock too!!!

Any other GREAT 3 person bands? My brain is drawing blanks at the moment...:ohgeez:

Last edited:

Raven

Enlightened
I'm a huge RUSH fan, but I'm partial to their first album, before Pert came on board.

Here's an unreleased song from their pre Pert days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iKbZjz8Mdc

I think it's the most rockin thing they ever did.

Who knows, RUSH might have become even better with the original lineup.

We'll never know, though.

Oh, and what's everyone's favorite RUSH song?

Mine is Garden Road :D

But The Trees is my 2nd favorite.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lucky dog! They don't come to Omaha and I cant get to KC either. But headphones etc have served well especially since DVD's are availible. Enjoy!