Micro Widgy

Enlightened
Got one! Don't know what the heck to use it on but I'll find something. :devil:

Widgy.jpg

cutlerylover

Banned
nice, I have the full size widgy...nice green 550 paracord wrap...I love the thing, but I too have to go looking for things to use it on, lol...

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Me too. I recently ordered the pocket and micro Widgy bars and walk with both in my BOB, just waiting for an opportunity to put them to good use.

cy

Flashaholic
got several prybabies and a micro widgy.... I've yet to use it in a real world situation.

Enlightened
First use today.. Used the pry edge to cut the tape off of a package I received. The cut was messy but the job was completed. :twothumbs

cutlerylover

Banned
funny you should post that, I just used my widgy bar to open a cna of paint, lol, I had it in ym hands already from playign with it after re-readign this thread, lol...I wrapped mine in OD green 550 paracord...good grip, looks cool...

cy

Flashaholic
OK... used my preferated prybaby to open a bottle of beer a minute ago...

Freyth

Enlightened
Dammit, another reason to spend my money.... where can I get it?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine at CountyComm, it stays on my keychain too. I've used mine to pry up the big heavy-duty staples that some places use when shipping boxes, as well as used one of the sharp corners to slit packing tape on a package. I work at UPS and we aren't supposed to have knives at work, but non-one looks twice at my micro-widgy.

Enlightened
Official use #2. I was approached by my co-worker this afternoon and asked if I had a can opener or something to help him open his metal can of fruit. It had a metal pull off top. He broke off the pull tab trying to get it open. I thought about it for a sec and gave him my micro widgy. He fiddled around with it for a minute and said what the hell and drove the pry edge into the can. He worked it into the can and got the pull off top open. Mission was a success. :cool:

BSBG

Enlightened
These are the kind of thing that you have a hundred uses for before you order it (maybe you even break the tip off of your pocket knife), but once it arrives you never need it :thinking:

Me, I have all 4 Countycomm prybars and only ever use the large one. A Prybaby though, that opens beer :thumbsup:

scott

Enlightened
Recently, a mechanic friend ask to borrow my (reasonably expensive) pocket knife. I asked him if he was going to cut something, or pry something. He said "pry." I handed him the micro-widgy.

I've also needed the micro-widgy a few other times in the last two weeks(...admittedly, though, I'm in the middle of a remodeling project.)

Cool little gadget. It's not one of those things that you need very often, but can be very handy when you do. I bought it primarily to save my knife blade. So far, it has.

lukus

Enlightened
UPS had already visited when I got home from work today (I love those brown santa guys!). Got a regular widgy and a few other things, including the titanium screw links. 30 seconds on a diamond stone and I took the burrs off the pry edge. Nice little bar.

I'll probably use it at work. I have this big wood desk from a closed bank. Every drawer sticks and I sometimes have to use a small screwdriver to pop it open.

As already mentioned, I also got a few of the titanium links. If you're about to order from county comm, you've got to get a couple of these.
http://www.countycomm.com/tiscrewlink.htm
They are smaller than they look. Just the right size to attach the widgy, small light, or lanyard to molle webbing.