• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired !!! All Aviatrix and GlowFob Customers Please Read !!!

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

I have a confession... I'm Andrew Wynn!!!

hehe... Just kidding! :)

Actually, I do have a confession - not as bad as the above, but still something that will be troubling and disappointing to some customers.

My lease on my office and shop space expires on July 15. For the last 4 weeks, I've been attempting a renewed lease with the owner - trying to come to some kind of agreement on next year's lease. He's done a lot of "we'll see" and "talk to me next tues." type of answers, even when I've sat down with him in his office and gone over a few proposals and serious questioning as to his intent.

The long and short of it is this: He has decided to move out of the space, sell the building, and not renew leases with any current tennants. He finally told me this yesterday. For the last week or so, I've suspected that something like this might happen... and I've hinted at the possibility in a few email and PM exchanges with potential customers (asking them to wait a bit before ordering, or to expect what could be a longer than normal delay...). I grew pretty convinced about 4 days ago when my landlord stopped returning my phonecalls... and knew for certain yesterday when I finally DID get one from him! I've been looking for other office space in the meantime, along with frantically finishing up as many GlowFobs as possible and getting the 2nd production run of Aviatrix mods going as fast as I could, despite numerous problems with the PCBoard manufacturing plant messing up the first order with an incorrect solder-mask layer and several parts order delays.

OK... now I know. No more wondering, no more having the prospect drive me crazy with speculation - no more worrying and stressing. The chips have fallen where they may, and I'm forced to move my office and shop. Those of you who have seen photos of my shop KNOW how big of a job this is going to be - I have machine tools, electronics bins stacked to the cealing, thousands of pounds of metal stock, tooling, huge cabinets, computers, bulky wooden shelving, and several benches. The weight of my motors, transformers, batteries, etc. is probably more than an average pickup truck could carry in one load, so I'm thinking that this is going to be a fairly HUGE endeavor covering a timespan of 3-4 weeks.

Aviatrix and GlowFob production have ground to a halt at this point - there are contracts that I absolutely MUST finish in the next few days before the office move begins. I have found another office space, which will be available for me to move my stuff into on the 2nd of July, so I have about 5 days to finish my existing contracts and get ready for the big push. I absolutely MUST be out of my current building by the end of July, so that give me roughly 3-1/2 weeks (taking into account the 4th of July holiday...) to get completely moved.

What does this mean for you?

Many of you have already noticed there is a problem with delays shipping GlowFobs. I've shipped out approx. 1/2 of the GlowFob orders at this point, give or take a few. As I previously mentioned, I strongly suspected that I would have to move out of my office space, so I've been going into overdrive to (a) make sure all 1st production run Aviatrix mods were shipped (done...), and (b) get as many GlowFobs out the door as possible. I was hoping to get about 10 of the 2nd production run Aviatrix mods shipped by the time all of this happened, but that isn't going to be happening at this point. I finally have the boards and parts (as of today), but I CANNOT devote any more time to it before this move happens due to other VERY critical obligations that could shut down my business permanently if they aren't fulfilled before the move.

Anyone who has not yet received their 2nd-production run Aviatrix Mod or GlowFob order at the time I post this, you have a choice. You can:

(1) Request a full refund for your purchase price, or
(2) Continue waiting - your order WILL ship after this chaos is over.

If you choose option 1, I will add a few dollars to cover the Paypal charges - so you won't be out a single cent for having dealt with me. I believe in restoring things to their former state with 100% normalcy when things go wrong, and as anyone who has done business with me can attest I deliver EXACTLY what I promise - it might be late, but it's always RIGHT. If you ask for a refund, I will send the cash to you via Paypal (or I'll mail a money order to you if you paid that way) within a period of 1 week or less from the time you request it. EDIT: The extra few dollars might not be necessary, due to refund policy I was unaware of until post #4 below.

If you choose option 2, I promise that once this move has been completed there will be better scheduling and decreased production delays. My first order of business once I'm in the new shop space will be to finish GlowFob and 2nd production run Aviatrix orders - in the fastest manner possible. However... I won't sugar-coat it - you will be waiting at LEAST until the first or 2nd week of August before you receive your order - that's the fastest that I see it will be humanly possible for me to get moved and pick up production where I left off.

Good people... I apologize for this turn of events, if there was anything I could have done to prevent it I would have - but the situation was simply unavoidable and (at least up to about 2 weeks ago) unforseen as well. Please forgive me, if you can - or at least accept a refund and try not to hate me too much. :(

For those who don't mind the extra wait, I assure you - your orders WILL ship, and you will be as happy with the product as all my existing customers are - I've yet to hear a single complaint about any of my products! :)

Regardless of what you choose, please post on this thread with your choice, and if you want a refund please supply your Paypal address (which is what I use to keep track of orders) or name if you sent a money order. If you'd prefer, you can also contact me privately via email:

bawko AT hotmail DOT com

Best wishes always,
Bawko

EDIT: Added refund note above, the extra few dollars might not be necessary due to input from Phredd, in post #4 of this thread.

Last edited:

Phredd

Enlightened
If you choose [a refund], I will add a few dollars to cover the Paypal charges - so you won't be out a single cent for having dealt with me.

Sorry to hear you're going through all this. Just so you know, nobody has to lose any money with Paypal if you actually refund the payment instead of sending a new payment back to the purchaser.

Phredd

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear you're going through all this. Just so you know, nobody has to lose any money with Paypal if you actually refund the payment instead of sending a new payment back to the purchaser.

Phredd

For some of your payments, the "refund payment" link may still be active...

That being said, I'll ride it out and when my Aviatrix gets here, it gets here. Good luck with finishing up production and moving. Be careful, lift with your legs, not your back, and remember that the hand truck is your best buddy.

Kraeken

Newly Enlightened
I'll wait it out. I am pining for my Aviatrices and have even bought a second A2!

Were you able to repair the stock A2 ring I sent you and replace the LED's? If so, would it be possible to get that back before the move? If not, not worries, but I was just wondering. Take care of your career first!

Good luck with the move. If I lived closer I'd help you!

tsl

Enlightened
Bawko,

This kind of transparency is refreshing. I've been waiting to put in my order for an Aviatrix ring, and given your move, I'll probably wait a couple weeks longer, but you will have my business.

If the atomic coop is anywhere near Boston, let me know if you need any help moving.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's anything good about this, it's that the user's orders are less of a 'hit' than for the 'nanos'. JK. Give AC some time to get his gear in order.

Atomic_Chicken

Enlightened
Greetings!

Yes... repair has been completed. I sent you a PM regarding LEDs.

Best wishes,
Bawko

I'll wait it out. I am pining for my Aviatrices and have even bought a second A2!

Were you able to repair the stock A2 ring I sent you and replace the LED's? If so, would it be possible to get that back before the move? If not, not worries, but I was just wondering. Take care of your career first!

Good luck with the move. If I lived closer I'd help you!

RCatR

Enlightened

That's only funny if you have a sick sense of humor (okay I laughed a little bit)

If you're in or around Northern NY I can hook you up with a cement floored garage 12x24 for the charge of oh say letting me use your machines all day and night:devil:
I know how rough it can be moving 200 miles with a pickup truck sized load, my condolences go out to you for that big shop!

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Atomic_Chicken

Oh man I died when i read that one...Hilarious!

DM51

Flashaholic
that crazy ol' Bird said:
LOL - You had me there for about 1 nano-second. Nearly gave me a heart-attack!

Best of luck with the move – and you still have my 100% support.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll ride the tide. I figure your open, and forthcomming communications is enough to keep my end of the bargin.
Thanks
AC

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you did not ship my glowfob order, don't worry about it - it's only a piece of glowing plastic - nothing life-critical by any means...

I sincerely hope no one jumps down your throat about this turn of events. Things happen all the time that are out of our control. We all just have to roll with the punches. Good luck with your move.

Doug P.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the transparency about your lease and all. I'll be looking forward to placing some orders once you are settled again. Good luck!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update sir and watch your back! Don't take any unnecessary chances.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the update.

I think I'm only in for 3 glow fobs, so I'm OK with waiting.

Best of luck with your move.