Digilight is now Digicell

ugrey

Enlightened
This was posted in the general forum, but I thought some of you may have missed it. Some one in North Carolina bought all the old stock from Digilight and is going to import these flashlights and parts again. I am thrilled to soon have a good source of SF compatible 12V lamp assemblies. The flashlights are made in China and are rebadged. BlackHawk- Night Ops calls these lights Legacy and asks crazy prices for them.

Google Digicell

P.S. G&P and Cabela's sell a seemingly cheaper version of these lights. It looks like they are all made by "Ultimate Lite"

Last edited:

wrathothebunny

Newly Enlightened
Didn't Digilight advertise a hyper-efficient 12V D26 that would output over 200 Lumens (220 I believe) and draw only about an amp, yielding 80 minutes runtime? I purchased one of their 12VHP 12V lamp modules, but it turns out I didn't get the high efficiency version - it drew 1.38 Amps and would last maybe 50 minutes or so on 4X123s, however, it was definitely putting out over 200 lumens.

I primarily use LumensFactory now to achieve the ultimate in lumens/watt efficiency. Anyway, now that I'm a little more familiar with the technology, I have a hard time believing Digilight's claim. You would need somewhere on the order of 35 Bulb Lumens/Watt. My LumensFactory 12V falls at about 27 Bulb Lumens/Watt, and that is with state of the art technology.

So a question for you members (particularly Mdocod if you're watching this thread), are Digilight's past claims of about a 220 Lumen 12V D26 Xenon Lamp Array lasting 80 minutes on 4X123s realistic, as that should correspond to a 35 Bulb Lumen/Watt efficiency. I would say no chance in hell, but let me know what you all think.

Last edited:

Walt175

Enlightened
I just hope they bring back the 3P clone Digilight made. I didn't realize I wanted one until I could no longer get one. :shakehead

mdocod

Flashaholic
The "high efficiancy" thing was just a selling buzzword thing they started slinging around. In reality they were selling a lower powered, dimmer lamp, but still listing the specifications of the higher powered lamp. Those who recieved true versions of the "high efficiancy" found, generally speaking, that they were dimmer than a typical "1.2A" lamp... The lower powered lamps were around 0.8A draw, the 9V version was probably very similar in performance to LumensFactory ES-9.

For a source of 12V P series compatible lamps, just look for G&P G120s, they are cheap and avaialable all over the internet for dirt cheap, the same lamp was used in 90% of the digilights. Most of the digilight lamps shipped with G60, G90, and G120 lamps, they didn't even bother rebadging them, they had the G&P label still slapped on there from the factory.