• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB 1000mA Mr Bulk VIP driver built by TaskLED or other 1A driver for 2xAA NiMH.

wintermute

Enlightened
I know it's been a while since these were produced for the LiOnheart (sp?) - I've been out of the scene for 2 years and only recently found out about the SSC/Crees and the whole new world. I have a predilection toward my 2xAA lights and modding, and would like to find a 1A boost driver board for a light which currently has a SSC P4 USXOH . If anyone has an old VIP 1A board, please let me know - or, if you know of another possibility I am open to suggestion.

--I can always do 2 x SHO-2009 Micropucks in parallel, but that's not too efficient.
--The 1000mA BadBoy Nexgen indicates: "For a Nexgen 750mA or Nexgen 1A, this critical starting voltage is ~3.4V. Input voltages above this will start the regulator into full constant current regulation and it will regulate down to ~2V input." - so I didn't think that would work too well for 2 x NiMH AA's @ 2.4-2.6v
--The FluPIC, however excellent, is a buck converter which requires to high of an input voltage.
--Fatman requires 2.7V - 12V input voltage.

As far as I know, the 1000mA Mr Bulk VIP driver would be the holy grail for my project, since it would allow the use of a dimming switch!

http://www.taskled.com/techvip.html

Any and all help would be appreciated!

(To admins/mods: I hate to cross post, but it might be necessary in this case due to the type of item I am looking to purchase. If I am incorrect about this, then please tell me which forum would be best to post in for this type of item.)

Last edited: