Inova T2 (2007)

dominator7248

Newly Enlightened
Hi, im new here but i just got a new inova T2 (the 2007 model) and then i opened up to see how the batteries fit it seems like that the negative end goes in first. is that how it's supposed to go in for the inovas?

o btw i really like my inova :D

thanks for the help
Dom

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
Hi, im new here but i just got a new inova T2 (the 2007 model) and then i opened up to see how the batteries fit it seems like that the negative end goes in first. is that how it's supposed to go in for the inovas?

That's a roger!

I have the old T2 and love it. :thumbsup:

Uncle Bob

Enlightened
I use primary 123's in my Inovas. You might search the threads on CPF to see if they take rechargeables.

:shrug:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, im new here but i just got a new inova T2 (the 2007 model) ...

Dom

How much spill does the new Inova T2 produce? I have several Inova lights, but they all have a TIROS lens which focusses the light into a tight beam with almost no spill.

I was considering the new T2 chiefly due to the advertised 5 hour battery life, but now I'm reading conflicting information on one vendor's web page.

Have you measured how much current your new T2 draws from the batteries?

Thanks.

dominator7248

Newly Enlightened
hi um the T2 has a good amount of spill, no i didnt measure the current sorri. this is a great light though i dont noe about the 5 hour burn time havent gotten a chance to try it yet it's not as bright as my cree lights but it comes pretty close(visual wise)..

dom

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have an old Inova T2. A very nice light. From what I hear, the latest version has more side-spill. I don't use rechargeable cells in mine.... Then again, I've got 2 cases of those expensive cells from Surefire.

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the Inova T2, but the new T3 is much brighter than my old t4 or t5, with much better spill. I would guess it is about the same brightness as a Surefire p60 incan.

Confederate

Enlightened
The Inovas are great lights. It's so distressing, though, to see my el cheapo 123A Cree (one cell) blow my T2 away in brightness and intensity. I was going to buy the new T3, but the new model takes three cells and isn't as bright as my Fenix P2D.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
freeze-pop, better led into, driver + sink, bore body for 18650
then its a great, short light

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know how the new T2 stacks up against the new T1 in terms of runtime and brightness?

Inova's website says both have a 5 hour runtime, and an 85 lumen led. Can anyone vouch for this?

dominator7248

Newly Enlightened
the output for the new T2 and the new T1 has very similar output when i compared them runtime is still unknown to me the T2 runs really hot after a while

Dom

pilou

Enlightened
Inova's website says both have a 5 hour runtime, and an 85 lumen led. Can anyone vouch for this?

Actually, INOVA lists 1.5 hours of runtime for the T1 and 5 hours for the T2. But they are both rated at 85 lumens. I suspect that the actual run time for the T2 is lower or it really isn't as bright as the T1. Perhaps the T2 is designed to be more of a thrower, and if you just look at the hotspot, it is comparable in brightness to the T1, but without its generous sidespill.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
2007 T1 and T2 brightness is basically identical. The body and reflector shapes are different. The T2 is tuned for more throw and the T1 for more spill.

I put the disclaimer re: the 5hrs on the website becuase if the T1 and T2 make indetical amounts of light and both use 2 x cr123a's how can one have a 1.5hr runtime another 5hrs? I haven't tested the T2 for tuntime but it didn't make sense to me. It might be 1.5 full and another 3.5 of diminished output - that's possible.