Arc-LS reflector mod.

CandlePowerForumsUser

Enlightened
Hello everyone, came into work today dragging my feet as usual and wishing I was else where only to fine a VERY NICE surprise on my desk, left by a friend of mine (Very Awesome Flashaholic) whom I work with. Its a ARC-LS "LSH-P"! It came with 2 spare tail caps and a 2AA tube/body! I don't have much experience with these lights but as far as I can tell, they are made very well.

Now for my problem, I'm going to replace the emitter with a Seoul. I ran a search and found, in the past that some have upgraded just the optics to a McR-18 while using the same emitter that came with the light.

I checked Sandwich Shoppe and found 2:

McR-18
height = 12
led opening = 5.79

McR-18 Seoul
height = 11.24
led opening = 6.35

There are slight differences so which one should I use for a Seoul emitter? I know this is probably dumb question but I not absolutely sure so thats why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can give my experience with a McR20 and McR20S. The Seoul version had a brighter spot, but overall the light output was the same. I used a lux meter and homemade light box to determine this. Oh yea, with a Seoul emitter.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What am I missing that this hasn't been answered yet? :thinking:

I believe he's asking which reflector to use with the Seoul emitter. The answer is obviously, to me anyway, the Seoul reflector. It has the larger opening to allow the Seoul emitter to fit. The non-Seoul reflector's opening is made for the Luxeon and therefore too small for the Seoul emitter. Did I misread the question? :crazy:

Last edited: