• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB L4 mod service

VWDr

Enlightened
I have been lurking in the background for a couple of years and have pitched in here and there but have mostly learned just from reading the awesome posts with pics and info. So now the time has come that I have a host and an idea and wanted to see if it was possible for someone to perform the following mod;
KL4 with DB1000 running a Cree Q5.

I'm going for all brightness at the cost of runtime. Is this combination possible or would there be too much heat and or fit problems to make this a reality? Proper focus is also not much of a concern since the L4 reflector is fixed in place. I have a modded/dead L4 that is already opened (not sure which part died), and can supply the other parts needed or will pay for them. I'm just trying to get an idea of possibility and cost right now, so any input you can contribute would be appreciated.. Thanks for reading. :) -J

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am thinking of drilling out my KL4 reflector and using three Seoul P4 emitters and a shark converter running anywhere between 750-1000mA to the LEDs.
I figure, since the KL4 is already a flood light, maybe three emitters would make it a bit more floody.
Try contacting Milkyspit for you mod request.....

Enlightened
So now the time has come that I have a host and an idea and wanted to see if it was possible for someone to perform the following mod;
KL4 with DB1000 running a Cree Q5.

I'm going for all brightness at the cost of runtime. Is this combination possible or would there be too much heat and or fit problems to make this a reality? Proper focus is also not much of a concern since the L4 reflector is fixed in place. I have a modded/dead L4 that is already opened (not sure which part died), and can supply the other parts needed or will pay for them. I'm just trying to get an idea of possibility and cost right now, so any input you can contribute would be appreciated.. Thanks for reading. :) -J

Contact milkyspit on here. He's an awesome Surefire modder and is going to do my KL4 similiar to what you posted with the exception of the Cree. He will be using an SSC P4.

Latest posts