new g3 possible problem

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
Well I just got my g3 from surefire and a u2 loved both of them but the g3 after i opened it up seems to be giving me a little problem of not lighting it seems the spring may have gotten messed up on the tail end. I can get the light to light only if not threaded on and i sit the cap on a slant any help would be great thanks. Greg

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
the light worked fine when opened I took off the tail cap to check out the batteries and the spring fell out on me.... Any help would be great.... Is it possible to have a bad tailcap?

carrot

Flashaholic
The spring fell out? That's not like a typical Surefire tailcap then... the button/spring/contact assembly hasn't been easily separable from the tailcap since the widespread usage of their newer lock-out tailcap design.

You might be able to fix it yourself... but without more detail it would be hard to say. If you had pictures, it might be easier to diagnose, but it sounds like you should just call SF. They'll have a new tailcap in the mail two minutes after you pick up the phone. Unfortunately they use really slow shipping.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the whole switch assembly fell out, give SF a call for warranty service. If it is just the spring and nothing else, you can push it back in yourself, though it is a bit tricky.

Wingsfan23

Newly Enlightened
Your tailcap might be defective,the reason it works on a slant is because the spring is completing the circuit between the battery and the tube. Call surefire and get a new tailcap.

97t-bird

Newly Enlightened
It was just the spring that came out but when I pushed it back in the light sometimes flickers when replacing the cap The spring got a little deformed its a very tight fit and no longer works I ust got off the phone with surefire and they are sending me a replacement tailcap. But I do want to play with it and the hight output bulb lol. I also got the u2 from them are there any problems with them I should know about. Thanks