What's your favorite Luxeon-based flashlight?

carrot

Flashaholic
With all the Cree and Seoul hype nowadays, I'm sure our Luxeon-based LED lights are feeling left out. What were some of your favorite Luxeon-based lights that may have placed aside for newer and "better" ones with the new LED technology? Do you still use them?

My favorite is the Fenix L2T. Not only does it have a really cool-sounding name, it has a great tint, is slightly smaller than the newer L2D, and has great runtime. Not to mention it has (only) two levels of output which I greatly prefer to the more complicated UI of the L2D (I enjoy simplicity). Nowadays underrated, it still throws more than you'd expect from a light with such a small reflector, and is no less enjoyable to use than it was a year ago. It has been succeeded by a much more expensive Seoul light as my favorite, but now that I have taken it out of storage again, it will probably see usage once more.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak 2005 CPF Special [which is a Peak Rainier]. Great throw, beautiful tint and very bright. Runs on rechargables, too.

Honorable mention: Streamlight ProPoly 4AA Lux.

megawatt

Newly Enlightened
I have several Fenix cree's that I really like. The L2T and L2P are still very nice plus some Nuwai 3 and 5 watters, among others, many others.......TOO many others. My favorite of them all, all 75 or so........the Surefire L2. :D

mitchell300

Newly Enlightened
Its a toss up between the reflector Inova T4 and the
Coast Hokus Focus (soon to be SSC P4 just thought I would put it here though).

They are both great even though they aren't the latest.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
U2 !!!

:thumbsup:

PS: my Fenix P3D gives out a lot of light but when I want to really flood an area only old U2 can do it right !

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite Luxeon was the Coast 7736 Tac Torch V2. Nothing fancy, but I used that light almost every day at work (jet mechanic) for 2 years. Never had a problem with it, and to this day, it can hold it's own against many "top dog" lights...it has a nice "power beam" with the collimator lens. I now use a 2 x AA Ultrafire modded with an SSC P4....regualted, and a four hour runtime.

x2x3x2

Banned
LumaPower LM301 for me, as fair as casual daily use in concerned.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
What were some of your favorite Luxeon-based lights that may have placed aside for newer and "better" ones with the new LED technology? Do you still use them?

Underwater Kinetics 4AA Zoom - my favorite light for outdoor use. Adjustable optics makes a superb beam and the light is very rugged and reliable. Great light for walking. My UK Zooms have been dropped, stepped on, submersed in water and mud - nothing fazes them. Used on a daily basis.

Streamlight 4AA PP Lux - just about as rugged as the UK Zoom. Great spotting light for outdoors use. Used on a weekly basis.

Latest posts