Fenix L2T flicker

Priestly

Newly Enlightened
I got an L2T a while back mainly because I wanted the best, simple, dual level light I could afford.

A short while ago, my L2T stopped going into low. I tried cleaning the threads of the head with alcohol and that seemed to work. However, it wasn't a long-lasting fix as in no time at all, the light wouldn't go into low.

I thought this was odd since I normally leave the light in high and twist the clicky until the light is off (this prevents accidental turn-ons while on my belt) but hardly ever twist the head. If I'm not twisting the head, how are the threads getting dirty...(the switch threads seem to be mostly clean - more oddness).

I decided to just not worry about the low setting because I use it mostly on high while working in drop ceilings or while in other really dark spaces while searching for water leaks, etc.

Now, though, the light has begun flickering between low and high most times I turn it on.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a way to stop the buildup of whatever on the threads so that this thing will work right again?

I can't afford a new light right now but this flickering is driving me nuts!

Thanks.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Fenix light that utilize the threads for current connection. L1T, L2T, P1 and P2D. I've experienced periodic flickering due to the threads but not all that much. Recently I've started experimenting with DeoxIt on the threads. After a through cleaning and removing any oil residue I apply the DeoxIT. It's expensive so I haven't used much. So far it seems to work. More time will tell. The DeoxIt doesn't evaporate and acts as a slight lubricant. Not sure what it would do to the o-ring but I try not to get any on it. Be sure and treat the battery contacts as well as the barrel edge & PCB contacts also.

You might want to try it since you're have so much problems. It's just a suggestion. You can get DeoxIt at the Fenix-store.