GID tailcap for fenix?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
does anyone make a glow in the dark tailcap to replace the stock rubber cap? i did a search and came up with nothing.

an aftermarket company that is compatible? or am i stuck with GID paint or 0-rings..
:popcorn:

mchlwise

Enlightened
does anyone make a glow in the dark tailcap to replace the stock rubber cap? i did a search and came up with nothing.

an aftermarket company that is compatible? or am i stuck with GID paint or 0-rings..
:popcorn:

You might be stuck, unless you buy another light like a JetBeam, Ultrafire, or I think Dexlight.

I've got a few GID caps at home that I know came from different lights that would probably fit in a Fenix.

I am not aware of anyone who sells the GID caps alone.

Maybe I should start... :whistle:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
CountyComm used to sell some GID rings that fit around the button. They might still sell them, I bought 2 sets and they work pretty good actually.

greenLED

Flashaholic
The GID rubber boots are very low glow quality. The glo-rings would be a step up, they're cheap, good quality, and they fit nicely around the rubber button.

Forget the GID paint, for large projects you'll need GID+epoxy. Take a peek in the GID projects thread; I posted instructions on how to do this:

l1pglowtailslightay6.jpg

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
With multi led lights, I put spot of GID paint on one led. (12 led Ghost 2's)

I've found most, if not all, GID tail caps, O-rings pretty useless.

For larger torches, I use GID switch finders (UK Ebay)

Now they are good.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
After I didn't have any luck with this thread (GID tailcap boot that will fit my Fenix?) I tried a couple solutions. As I later found, and as confirmed by greenLED, glow boots tend to be low quality, so I'm not too bummed I never found one for my Fenix. (Side note though: I found that a number of glow boots are transparent enough to adhere glow powder to the inside where it will still glow but be protected. Still, not ideal and could potentially gum up the clickie depending on your methods)

The o-rings are ok, but I finally settled on painting inside the tailcap area around the boot with GlowInc GlowPaint, which gave better results. Remove the boot for easy access to the area, then lay down a white primer (makes a huge difference as I did one Fenix without it and later redid the paint job). After that, build up a few coats of the glowpaint. I don't doubt that glow-epoxy would be even better, but my results turned out well for my tastes and it would presumably be harder to deal with the epoxy if you wanted to "undo" it.

greenLED

Flashaholic
...it would presumably be harder to deal with the epoxy if you wanted to "undo" it.
It's a matter of heating the parts where the epoxy is, either by boiling or any other heat source. That softens the epoxy and you can pick it right off.