Keymate - I supposed it was inevitable

RossB

Newly Enlightened
I was concerned by the ease with which the head rotated, and tried to remember to turn the head an extra half turn or so...alas, it turned itself on in my pocket (Stop sniggering! Pay attention!) and burned down to a very dim level indeed,like an AAA in moon mode. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Couldn't have been on more than 24 hours, so now I wonder about that "96 hours" claim. Well, maybe I got one with a bum cell or something.

I did discover at the local Long's that there are "L76" cells that amount to 2 L44's stacked, 3v, and two of 'em cost about 3/4 of 4 L44's, and they work (although I suppose I've just voided the warranty).

But, I spent the same as enough AAA batteries to run the AAA for about 96 hours...and it will keep the same brightness, being regulated. So, our beloved AAA isn't out of the picture quite yet. Maybe tomorrow night I'll fire 'em both up and see what happens.

RossB

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very curious about the actual useable runtime on these little guys as well. The green is amazingly bright on fresh batteries.