• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Wanted - Someone to fix my KL5

TonyBPD

Enlightened
I have a KL5 that does not work any longer due to the outer (big) spring coming off the bezel. I unscrewed the bezel from the body the other day and the spring broke off. If anyone could help me that would be great. PM if able.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a KL5 that does not work any longer due to the outer (big) spring coming off the bezel. I unscrewed the bezel from the body the other day and the spring broke off. If anyone could help me that would be great. PM if able.
Tony, how did that actually happen? I've got a KL5 and I'm love using it. Was it dropped in any way?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn KL5s!!!
My inner (+) spring broke off of mine when trying to put it on my LU60 adaptor to put on my weaponlight. There is a plastic ring inside the LU60 to prevent contact from the positive spring to the body and when turning it it got cought up and ripped off!!!! AAAAHHHH!!
I would try to fix it myself, but after trying to disassemble a KL3 (unsuccessfully) I think I'll just send it to surefire and have it fixxed.

Hope it work out for ya!

larryk

Enlightened
The same thing happened to my KL6, outer negative spring broke off. Surefire replaced the head for free minus my shipping cost to them.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take your choice, I know cost is a consideration but I'd give Milky a call and I bet he could fix it with an improvement or could recommend somebody. Let us know how it turns out please. Scott is a great guy to talk with and has plenty of suggestions. His kids are a lot of fun too,ha! Seriously though, you won't find anybody more willing to help you out so let us know if you would sir.

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a KL5 right? A Surefire flashlight right?
Is it modded?
If not call surefire and tell them it broke and they will fix it.
I would try that first.
BTW this is not the correct forum to post this question to it needs to be moved to the general flashlights/LED section.

Yaesumofo

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theres' a solder point where the outer spring makes contact. Thats what happened to my previous version. I had to break out the soldering iron and repair it. It worked, but I don't know if would help yours.

I have a new L5 on the way (should've been here today, but no-show dangit) and I hope it doesn't happen to this one too.