SO WHERE'S THE NEW NUWAI LIGHTS?

big beam

Enlightened
Has anyone heard anything about these lights.I thought they were going to make a new line of lights with CREES or SSC.I kinda like nuwai.
DON

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I wouldn't be surprised if they're already out.... under a different companies name. :grin2:

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too liked Nuwai products. My Q3s, after being supplanted by newer, brighter, costlier offerings, are still amongst my favorite lights. The machining and construction quality is on par with the Fenixes and Huntlights I've had (and I assume similar to Lumapowers) at a lower cost. Even the cheap $10 Nuwais were very well made with good tolerances. It'd be nice to see some of their newer products.

big beam

Enlightened
there was a thread with a link to the new lights and some of them looked interesting.I can't seem to find it
DON

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too liked Nuwai products. My Q3s, after being supplanted by newer, brighter, costlier offerings, are still amongst my favorite lights. The machining and construction quality is on par with the Fenixes and Huntlights I've had (and I assume similar to Lumapowers) at a lower cost. Even the cheap $10 Nuwais were very well made with good tolerances. It'd be nice to see some of their newer products.

Hey jsr,
Is It possible to mod a Q3 with a USWOH (Seoul)?
I've always liked the Q3 and It has a very good reflector.

Just wondering :shrug:

Thanks

and sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jsr,
Is It possible to mod a Q3 with a USWOH (Seoul)?
I've always liked the Q3 and It has a very good reflector.

Just wondering :shrug:

Thanks

and sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

Hey skalo,

Yeah, you can put a USWOH in the Q3 no prob. You can choose to prop up the emitter a bit for a more defined hotspot or leave it at the same level (say, if you just swapped Stars), and have a very bright flood.

Thanks for the link Nake. I've seen that before, but couldn't find it again. That 1AA Cree light looks nice...actually, it looks exactly like the Cree Promo light...I'm guessing Cree just rebranded the Nuwai for their promotion.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK Nuwai is just another brandname. All lights are designed and manufactured by this company:
http://www.quantumlight.com.hk/

Sorry, no Crees and Seouls in the newer lights, just Rebels. (Have been told Rebel is preferred for various reasons)
Have tried a few engineering samples some months back and I'm not impressed. The hotspots are bright (on par with Cree) but overall construction has lots of room for improvement. Also visible rings on entire beam profile, so the reflectors have to be reworked.

The new models are not attractive though IMO. But the updated 301x and 303x (Q3) have better build quality and (I believe) electronics inside.

big beam

Enlightened
AFAIK Nuwai is just another brandname. All lights are designed and manufactured by this company:
http://www.quantumlight.com.hk/

Sorry, no Crees and Seouls in the newer lights, just Rebels. (Have been told Rebel is preferred for various reasons)
Have tried a few engineering samples some months back and I'm not impressed. The hotspots are bright (on par with Cree) but overall construction has lots of room for improvement. Also visible rings on entire beam profile, so the reflectors have to be reworked.

The new models are not attractive though IMO. But the updated 301x and 303x (Q3) have better build quality and (I believe) electronics inside.

Thats sad.why they would use rebels is a mystery.
DON

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody know where I can get that 3D Cree lantern? Talk about an awesome camping accessory. Won't be much good though if I can't buy it until September..

Last edited: