led headlights

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
I never heard or ever see anyone attempt make LED headlight LOL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

S4MadMan

Enlightened
LED...

...technology will have to improve *tremendously*.

HIDs are King. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I know, I specialize in them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may have to sling together 20 or so 5W LSs, it's not going to work unless you have literally a HUGE parabolic reflector to smash some light out of it, and even at that, it may not be enough... Maybe a single 25W LS banging out 600 lumens or so can cut it... And at that, the high dome needs to be even higher... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Right now, HIDs still rule the nest...

S4MadMan

Enlightened
Well...

[ QUOTE ]
You may have to sling together 20 or so 5W LSs, it's not going to work unless you have literally a HUGE parabolic reflector to smash some light out of it, and even at that, it may not be enough... Maybe a single 25W LS banging out 600 lumens or so can cut it... And at that, the high dome needs to be even higher... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Right now, HIDs still rule the nest...

[/ QUOTE ]

...my 50 watt HIDs produce 5,000 to 5,200 lumens. What would a 50W LS be capable of producing...1,000 to 1,200 lumens? LEDs have a long way to go if wanna compete with HIDs.

BUT, I have faith. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

StevieRay

Enlightened
Re: Well...

I saw a brief discussion of the Cadillac 16 concept car on Tech TV today. They mentioned that they were using LED headlights and brake lights. They went on to say that the headlights had a prism in it to beam the light. Does anyone have any more detail on this?

Latest posts