Saw a mildly cheap flashlight on CSI tonight...

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the Brinkmann Legend LX tonight on CSI. Compared to what they usually have (Surefires, Streamlights) that surprises me. This is the episode with the setup "kidnapping" and the cutoff finger. Sara uses it during the inspection of an SUV.

mickmar

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Sara was using her own personal light and can't afford those expensive batteries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if people (like the director) actually think about the brand of lights they use, knowing that people like us will be watching, or just go for the brightness and cool looking factors. Any thoughts?

-Mike

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
knowing that people like us will be watching

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they know there is a "us". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
Yep LX uses 123's. Propmaster's supply stuff like that. Guys like me sit around watching movies saying "They didn't have that (gun, watch, knife, car, boat, airplane, light, guitar, etc) back then"! Propmaster will supply equipment that is period correct and makes sense for that person to be using in the context of the show (sometimes).

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually really like my LX. I make it a point to use it fairly often. I'm waiting for the bulb to blow so that I can get a P91 bulb assembly in there. Only lasts 20 minutes on a set of 123's but, look out, it's bright /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I were reviewing the light I would make only 2 comments. The head is too heavy and it's impossible to center the bi-pin bulb properly. It needs some kind of seat to snap into to make sure it stays perpendicular and in the center, otherwise it will always be off no matter what you do. Course, I don't have that problem when I put a P91 in there.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just cought crossing Jordan and saw streamlight 3C(?)during a power outage and a 9P when she was.....well I don't want to give it away.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
james, have you ever considered a hammer or pliers? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rothrandir, I'm not looking for an excuse so much as motivation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just can't bring myself to order the bulb right now. I know it's not that expensive, but I already have another order outstanding at the moment and to have 2 orders on the way in at any given time seems like it might be too obvious to the other members of my family with whom I share financial resources /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif