SF A2's shipped this week

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: SF A2\'s shipped this week

Holy cow!! They usually wait for my reviews before sending new lights to the dealers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
I was in a stupid nursing home when I first saw the A2 Aviator, and have a couple of other lights I need to do first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

I don't know if I can take the suspense!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm not going to be able to concentrate next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If it had been tkl posting I'd still be calm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I can take the suspense!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm not going to be able to concentrate next week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif If it had been tkl posting I'd still be calm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hey! don't blame me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just checking to see if you're awake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good to hear from you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well...shoot...I took an oath not to by another SF...but........Anyone know, for sure, what color LED is being shipped, first...

--dan

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Ahem, somebody tell me where I can order one please!

[/ QUOTE ]

that's easy, www.tactical warehouse.com dan just announced a cpf member special.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just checking to see if you're awake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good to hear from you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure about this new board, but i'm here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

White LED's will be first to ship....

Followed by the popular colored LEDS...

And at some future point in time, one will be able to purchase the LED assembly to change colors, thought the offical line at SureFire is now, "We no longer quote delivery dates". I understandand that UV LEDS are expected to make it into the line up as well

Size15's

Flashaholic

White LEDs first.

Other coloured LEDs in the pipe are likely to be red, blue, and green. (These I have and seen working).
IR & UV I have no experience of.

Al

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, Just remember, it's only a flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Though I will buy one when the dust settles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Come on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

The A2 is not only a flashlight!
The A2 is new way of thinking about, and using light!

Al

ygbsm

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
The A2 is not only a flashlight!
The A2 is new way of thinking about, and using light!

Al

[/ QUOTE ]
After the great discussions, explanations and pictures I've read and seen here, by and from you guys in the know, I think I understand what you mean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif -- although if they are shipping, I'll be happy to <font color="red">stop</font> thinking about and <font color="green">start</font> using the A2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

"The A2 is not only a flashlight!
The A2 is new way of thinking about, and using light! "

Al, you are always over the top! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm eager to hear some independent reviews of the A2 - it's still on my list of "possible buys" provided I can find something around here to sell to raise the ca$h...

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

can somebody tell me what the colored led's are used for? i've heard red is good for preserving night vision.

muggsuxx

Newly Enlightened

UV is good for scorpion hunting... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Safari

Newly Enlightened

Blue show blood real well for tracking game. The cone & rods makeup of deers eyes does not let it see the red light, so you can go to your tree stand in before shooting hours and the deer will not be (unless they wind you) distrubed!

Wolfman

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
can somebody tell me what the colored led's are used for? i've heard red is good for preserving night vision.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I understand it, green LEDs are supposed to be NVG compatible.