Glo-Toob Lithium to be released end of July...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed them about the release date and they responded by saying it will be end of July this year and that it will be "worth the wait". I hope so. I've been looking for something to replace my huge, aging, Coleman 6D fluorescent lantern. Only last about 24 hrs on 6D cells, yeeech. I wonder what features it will have? I hope they make colored sleeves for it as well as a little stand.

Pistolero

Enlightened
I've been looking for something to replace my huge, aging, Coleman 6D fluorescent lantern. Only last about 24 hrs on 6D cells, yeeech. I wonder what features it will have? I hope they make colored sleeves for it as well as a little stand.

Uh, are the new glo-toobs going to have that much light output to replace a D-cell lantern? I was never impressed with the glotoob fx that I saw (blue, I think) and didn't think the output was worth it. From a business perspective, I doubt they'll make colored sleeves... they would probably want you to buy one in that color.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If these put out enough to be used as a Lantern, that would be great, but i'm not counting on it. I always thought they were a single 5mm LED to be used as a marker light only...

Also, white LEDs don't work well with colored filters unless you want
1) kinda dim Blue light, or
2) Very dim output of any other color.

LEDs generally (beside multi-colored or RGB LEDs maybe) put out light in a very narrow band in the light spectrum. I put a red filter on a 90-100 lumen SSC mod and got what I estimate was well under 5 lumens of red light.

That is why you need to buy the color LED you need up front unless that dim and very inefficient is OK for your purpose.